63 Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark

I'll agree that you likely dodged one here. It would appear that you like the $20K range for a 63. That's probably on the lower edge of a good version. If you don't like Ebay and Craigslist, let me suggest you join the AOAI group. While there is much more info on this site, membership there will bring you the AOAI magazine. The Avanti Magazine usually has several Avanti's for sale.

IAC, posting on these sites generally won't bring a lot of choice in available Avanti's but what you will gain in membership to both is a place to post choices and ask questions followed by a large membership that can be asked to inspect potential purchases.

The best place to look is still the internet - Ebay, Craigslist, Dealers, etc but you gain the help of many knowledgeable folks on these sites.

I found my 83 in the AOAI mag and my 74 on Ebay.

Welcome, Bob
    Last edited by sweetolbob; 06-09-2018, 07:36 AM.

Comment

This is without a doubt a scam.
      Years ago when the overpayment scam first came out, where you mail a check for the difference, and the rich guy's butler will pick up the car, my cousin in Michigan got scammed out of $4,000.

Comment

Mark,

Without a doubt, you've come across a scammer as you have now acknowledged.

Keep your eyes and ears open. As Bob mentioned join up with the AOAI as well as this forum. I came to own my car 3 years ago and there is quite a tale to how Laurence and I found one another. I live over in Pasadena and am showing the car Sunday the 10th in San Marino at the San Marino Motor Classic at Lacy Park. Admission is $30.00 at the gate. Come by and say hello. Can't make it? Send me a PM if you want to get together.
        Last edited by spokejr; 06-09-2018, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Goggled his name apparently he is on scamalert. He has taken several people to the cleaners. They have sent him money and either no car was delivered or it was a piece of junk nothing like he promised or pictures sent. And takes off with the money. So if you see the name Dr. Charles Walker or Dr. Trevor Walker MEDIC. That is the guy.

Comment

Working...
          X