Replacing a T-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission / Overdrive: Replacing a T-9

I have a 1951 Truck 2R10 with a T-9 transmission and would like to put in a sync trans. Does any one know what options I have with a replacement transmission? Is a T86 a sync transmission and would it fit?

The T-86 is synchro in 2nd and 3rd, and can also come with OD. It would be my choice. Another option would be the T98 or T98A four speeds, which are synchro in all but first. All of the above were optional on your truck, but may require a different bell housing. And switching to a T86 would require the column shift and OD linkage/wiring. You may want to contact Jerry Kurtz (jerezstude on this forum) about what it would take to make the change.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Thank you, great help!!!

Comment

if you find a donor truck, try to get the Driveshaft with it....

Comment

I have a T85C trans without overdrive that was in the trunk of a car I bought. Have no idea what condition it is in or application. Someone told me it was from a truck, but I have never researched it. I'd kind of like to see it go to someone that could use it.
          sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
          1950 Champion Convertible
          1950 Champion 4Dr
          1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
          1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I have a T85 out if a Champ. It's fine I replaced it with T85OD. PM me if it would do you any good
            1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Working...
            X