No announcement yet.

'64 Champ rim color...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: '64 Champ rim color...

What was the factory color for 1964 E-7Champ wheel rims.....someone (YEARS ago) used a brush on mine with silver paint

From what I can tell, it is the same white that was on the front bumper and other trim if white. I went with Wimbledon white when I did my 7E a number of years back.

Last edited by 62champ; 09-29-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Agreed, Wimbledon White is a near perfect match.
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

I have often wondered if the white used on the wheels, bumpers, grill (T4), etc., was actually just the Parchment White that the entire truck could be painted.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	1716638On White Transtar Trucks it is obvious to me that the Trim detail Off-White was not as White as Wimbledon White or Parchment, because the difference is clear between the fiberglass Grille Panel and the Fenders next to them.

Also from the contrasting "Trim White" used on T4 Champ Grilles, Parking lights, Headlight Rims, Champ and Transtar Wheels, Mirrors, Gas Cap, Hub Caps, Bumpers and Tail Lights.

I may stand corrected if anyone has the Proof, every one of my White truck photos are of REPAINTED Trucks of course with a "perfect" match, as very few originals remain since most were used as "Trucks".

Click image for larger version

Name:	61 Class C Motor Home1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	1716636 Click image for larger version

Name:	64 .75 Ton 8_5 O.D.4.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1716637
          Last edited by StudeRich; 10-01-2017, 02:58 PM.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

This truck is a 16K mile original, but it is hard to tell if there is a difference between the white bumper/wheels and the Parchment White paint.

Comment

Are "they" saying that it has not been repainted in all these years though?
              That Truck would have to have been in a Time Capsule, it looks perfect!

Sure looks like a Match to me... Hmm?
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Jim, does this mean that you got in touch with Warren in Georgia and got the title stuff worked out?

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]67496[/ATTACH]
                  Also from the contrasting "Trim White" used on T4 Champ Grilles, Parking lights, Headlight Rims, Champ and Transtar Wheels, Mirrors, Gas Cap, Hub Caps, Bumpers and Tail Lights.

I may stand corrected if anyone has the Proof, every one of my White truck photos are of REPAINTED Trucks of course with a "perfect" match, as very few originals remain since most were used as "Trucks".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67494[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]67495[/ATTACH]
                  Rich is correct. I have an NOS painted Champ grille that I used for the local paint supplier to color match. It is a different shade of white although I did not bother to compare it to the Ford "Wimbledon White" to see how close it was (or is).
                  59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
                  60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
                  61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
                  62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
                  62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
                  63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
                  63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
                  64 Zip Van
                  66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
                  66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                    Are "they" saying that it has not been repainted in all these years though?
                    That Truck would have to have been in a Time Capsule, it looks perfect!

Sure looks like a Match to me... Hmm?
                    It is nice...supposed to have been ordered by a dealer in Wyoming to use as a camper.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
                      It is nice...supposed to have been ordered by a dealer in Wyoming to use as a camper.

Tinted front windshield and spring clamps on the heater hoses.
                      Very nice survivor.

Comment

Working...
                      X