Johnny M. Thiele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny M. Thiele

Johnny M. Thiele, 63, of Vandalia, Illinois, passed away Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at the Fayette County Hospital, Vandalia, IL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Johnny Thiele.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1818189
    Services will be held at 11:00 AM, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, at the First United Methodist Church, Vandalia, IL with Rev. Don Price, officiating. Burial will follow at Fairlawn Cemetery, Vandalia, IL. Visitation will be held from 5:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Monday, January 27, 2020, at the First United Methodist Church, Vandalia, IL and 1 hr. prior to the the service on Tuesday. Memorials: Parkview Free Methodist Church "Backpacks" and/or FUMC "Coats For Kids". Miller Funeral Home, Vandalia, IL, is in charge of arrangements. Online memories and condolences may be shared with the family at www.millerfh.net.

He was born May 6, 1956, in Pana, IL, the son of Louie Seiler & Betty J. (Hoffman) Thiele. Married Brenda Dothager May 14, 1976, Mulberry Grove, IL, she passed away November 11, 2011. He was a Warranty Claims Adjuster for Case IH; Affiliated with the Baptist Faith; Member of Avanti Studebaker Club; and was a huge car enthusiast.

He is survived by: Mother - Betty Thiele, Vandalia, IL; Son - Ryan Thiele & Lexi, Ramsey, IL; Daughter - Jaclyn Clay & Jason, Vandalia, IL; Sister - Jeannie Fesser & Darrell, Butler, IL; Grandchildren - Brenley, Griffin, Megann & Hunter; Father-in-law - Bill Dothager, and Brother-in-law - Gary Dothager & Donna, all of Mulberry Grove, IL; and Sisters-in-law - Lucetta Durbin & Mike and Carol Ferguson & Joey, all of Vandalia, IL and Barbara Reiss & Mike, Ramsey, IL.

Preceded in death by: Father; and Wife.

Funeral home: https://www.millerfh.net/notices/Johnny-Thiele
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Johnny M. Thiele
    Johnny M. Thiele, 63, of Vandalia, Illinois, passed away Wednesday, January 22, 2020, at the Fayette County Hospital, Vandalia, IL. Services will be held at 11:00 AM, Tuesday, January 28, 2020, at the First United Methodist Church, Vandalia, IL with Rev. Don Price, officiating. Burial will follow at Fairlawn Cemeteā€¦
    1h ago

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, does anyone know his Forum "Handle"?

Knowing that, will help those of us who have never met Johnny to know who he was here.
      Last edited by StudeRich; 01-23-2020, 04:19 PM.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

This is soo sad. Sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. John may you Rest In Peace.

Comment

See the main obituary here: https://forum.studebakerdriversclub....ohnny-m-thiele
          Lew Schucart
          Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

Johnny was a true man of faith and loved the Lord. I have enjoyed his Bible posts for several years on his Facebook page. He will be truly missed. Our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and he is now reunited with his wife in Heaven. Rest in Peace Johnny .
            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

I have known Johnny for nearly 40 years. A good friend. Will be missed. He loved his family. He built a mini Disneyland in his yard for the grandkids He loved old cars especially Avanti and Studebakers.
              Milt

1947 Champion (owned since 1967)
              1961 Hawk 4-speed
              1967 Avanti
              1961 Lark 2 door
              1988 Avanti Convertible

Member of SDC since 1973

Comment

I have only known Johnny for a few years. In my role as the National Director for this area, I called upon Johnny to help put some life into Chapters in his area. What a great ambassador he was. On Facebook he posted bible passages almost daily and he produced calendars with photos of his motorcycle in front of various country churches. Johnny was a man of God, a loving husband, father, and grandfather. We know he is with God and cruising heaven in either a Studebaker or riding on a motorcycle checking out every lunch counter in the heavens!

Comment

Johnny was a true man of faith and loved the Lord. I have enjoyed his Bible posts for several years on his Facebook page. He will be truly missed. Our prayers and thoughts go out to his family and he is now reunited with his wife in Heaven. Rest in Peace Johnny .
                  sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                  X