Photos from Space Mission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos from Space Mission

Last edited by Carl Purdy; 12-04-2010, 04:45 PM.

And we won't be sending a shuttle up there until at least February....
    (Cracks in the fuel tank)
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

And after that, there will only be one more shuttle flight. I have always wanted to go see one go up, and never did. Options are getting fewer. Can't believe we as a nation are going to have to rent space on a Russian space ship for the next 5 years, and we have 7000 engineers leaving NASA. What is wrong with this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Chucks Stude View Post
        Options are getting fewer. Can't believe we as a nation are going to have to rent space on a Russian space ship for the next 5 years, and we have 7000 engineers leaving NASA. What is wrong with this picture?
        Keep hope alive for 2012 is all we can do...
        Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
        Romans 15:13
        Deuteronomy 31:6
        Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I was fortunate to see the shuttle land at the Northrup strip on White Sands Missile Range in the eighties when both Edwards AFB and Kennedy Space Flight Center were closed because of bad weather. It was an awesome sight. I have been involved in various test programs at White Sands Test Facility supporting the Shuttle since the 70's but it is beginning to wind down. The guys who rebuilt the thrusters ( the maneuvering motors) are gone except for a skeleton crew. The Propulsion Test Stands are starting to remove all the Shuttle related systems from their facilities. It is a difficult time for a lot of people but I think we will survive if there is a clear vision for the future of our space program.

Comment

Working...
          X