No announcement yet.

The "NEW" Hot Rod magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember we had to thumb through many newsprint type pages of Hemmings in order to search for our difficult to find parts and autos before we had the internet. How times have changed.
    Bill

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Thank Motor Trend. They bought up 20 paper magazines and killed the paper part.
      The one I miss the most is Muscle Car Review. They gave excellent Studebaker coverage before it got swallowed up by TEN/Motor Trend Group.

Craig

Comment

I am also bummed about how magazines have began to spiral around the drain. However, I've sub'd to HOT ROD since '64 and will continued to do so.
        Why?
        Over the decades I've rarely liked everything in a given issue, and have simply flipped past the stuff that doesn't interest me. Like when all we had was AM radio, we listened to the tunes we liked and ignored the stuff we didn't care for. Unfortunately I've taken the stance of: Something is better than nothing.
        The interweb has and will continue to progress like a black hole, consuming everything that us ol' timers are used to... I don't like the results but that obviously doesn't matter.
        At least HOT ROD is attempting to continue to provide printed matter in a cyber world and I support that.
        I really miss HOT ROD DELUXE...

There's one in every crowd, fer cryin' out loud... why was it always turnin' out to be me?

Comment

if this thread has morphed into and magazine obituary, I’ll add mine. My favorite was always Street Rodder, followed by Hot Rod, then Hemmings Classic Car.

when magazines started getting thinner, I found that I spent less time with them anyway. Still, one of my main sources for parts and services where the ads in magazines. as I learn more about how to use the Internet, that continued to fade. I did still keep the magazines for sometime though.

What I found, though, was the way I found information and pursued my interest in cars turned to much more accessible ways through the Internet. Eventually, without even really trying, I stopped looking at magazines altogether. I mostly had a membership to SDC for the magazine. but for the last year or so, I had it the magazine set unopened in a pile on my desk. Today, I don’t spend any time looking at magazines.

it’s sad to see old traditions fade away. But it’s a natural part of life. It doesn’t make any sense to me to fight myself to keep using them just because that’s what I always did.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

The only mag I get now is TW, which I still enjoy even though I no longer own a Studebaker.

My big gripe about online car forums, mostly FB, is the rampant misinformation, spoken by people who are 100% absolutely confident in their wrong information, sigh. 'Way worse than this forum ever was IMHO.
            Bill Pressler
            Kent, OH
            (formerly Greenville, PA)
            Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
            Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
            1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
            1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
            All are in Australia now

Comment

Working...
            X