Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Underr-the-hood-stuff, can you spot it? (think "Studebaker"!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underr-the-hood-stuff, can you spot it? (think "Studebaker"!)

The Chrysler (not named yet) has ofcourse by now had some stuff done to it, the first two pictures is from when I just got it & the third is what it looks like now, exept there's no yellow battery there anymore:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A6 56 318Engine.jpg Views:	0 Size:	141.9 KB ID:	1909853
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A6 Engine 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.4 KB ID:	1909854
    Click image for larger version  Name:	A6 Engine 2.JPG Views:	0 Size:	103.0 KB ID:	1909855
    So I replaced the airfilter with the old one I've had on Josephine a few times, cleaned up the electrics(there's no red wire going by the valve cover anymore either), put a hose to the powerbrakes so that works &... what more..? does anyone see it..? it's been a thing to talk about on this forum but under Studebaker hoods...
    Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-03-2021, 12:42 AM.

Bob Palma would say "Good job on installing that battery hold down Nox!!"
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
    Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Ah, yep! There wasn't much there to hold any battery so I made one, simple enough. Now this didn't take many guesses, my thought is that some folks read my stuff on other forums too...
      (just saw I managed to put two (2!) "r" in the word under!)

Last edited by Noxnabaker; 09-03-2021, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Nox,
        I thought all those early Chrycos had spark plug wires going into the center of the valve covers!

Comment

Bill, Just the 1951 through 1958 Hemi head Chrysler, DeSoto, and Dodge engines had the spark plugs and wires through the center of the valve covers.

The Dodge and Plymouth Polyspherical head engine built from 1955 to 1958 had the plugs and wires below the valve covers.

Bill

Comment

The Hemi & trans is replaced with LA318 & 904.
            Last edited by Noxnabaker; 11-21-2021, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X