Raymond Loewy would have worn them???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raymond Loewy would have worn them???

Ok now follow me here, and yes I know what I am about to say seems just so silly, but then, I have been called far worse in my life,

Now all Avanti devotees and historians know the story of the Avanti's creation....the famous pinched waist mid section, called by Loewy the "O-G" line used in supersonic aircraft. I happen to be a devotee of Mephisto men's shoes specifically the Rainbow style. I noticed something about the shoe (suede variant). When I lace up the shoe (which has steel U ring lace points) the mid section of the shoe pulls in between the ankle and the mid section of the foot.......the rest of the shoe then widens out where the toe box is....so looking at the shoe while it is on the foot, I immediately thought of the Avanti and the famous mid section "O-G" line. Ones mind can boggle with thoughts of Loewy himself having a pair on...yes they are a French manufacturer!

Say what? That's some imagination you have.
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Tell me more about this line you were talking about....
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        Say what? That's some imagination you have.
        LOL you did not read closely what I wrote.....I said the suede variant only, the other leathers do not present that appearance!:-) The suede pulls in closely to the foot where the other leathers do not...guess ya all have to purchase a pair to see what I am talking about:-)

Comment

I like that shoe! I don't know about the og line though...?
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
            I like that shoe! I don't know about the og line though...?
            Best non dress shoe I have ever owned!.......the support and total comfort is not just ad hype!........I speak with my wallet....I have 8 pair in different colors and leathers:-)

Comment

Where do you buy them?
              Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I mostly wear boots. Whites boots. They are handmade, and are kinda narrow in the middle and wider in the front and back. Not worried about how Raymond would look in them though.
                Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I know that I'm going off on a tangent here but I think that Loewy would have approved of a pair of shoes that I bought in a thrift store about three years ago. They are by a wide margin the most comfortable shoes that I have ever owned and as one who suffers from peripheral neuropathy, they beat by a wide margin the shoes that I was issued by the VA. I barely was able to walk to my car in the VA's parking lot where I quickly switched back to the $7.95 thrift store shoes with a great sigh of relief!

The miracle shoes... Keen sneakers closely resemble an actual footprint! Keen is not a widely known brand but they have quite a selection and the particular model that I have is of course no longer manufactured. However some current examples come very close. Since I cannot post pictures here, (I'm confused by this "new and improved" site), all I can do is provide a link to the one example that closely matches the pair that I have.

Notice that the profile from the view of the sole where the actual tip of the shoe is where the large toe is located. I hope that this might have proven useful for those who suffer peripheral neuropathy as I do. Oh, my pair is not "copper fit..."

Comment

I’d almost guarantee Lowey wore Bespoke French suiting and most likely bespoke shoes. He probably was a client of Arnys or Charvet. He was wealthy, had excellent taste and a small frame.

Comment

Working...
                    X