1969 GTX 'vert at auction in Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bumpkinvilledano View Post
    You didn't note I said "rusty" or "maybe". My "counter example" was intended to be a comparison between the more valuable and the least valuable models for 1969.

And for the record I have owned 2 Valiants: a 63 wagon 225 slant six automatic and a 67 Signet 2 door with the 273 and a 3 on the tree. In total I have owned approx 25 MOPARS over the years, and still have 3. One of the most significant/valuable was 67 GTX ragtop with just about every option except for a hemi (original purchaser wanted AC and you couldn't get that with the hemi). Believe me, I knew where that car was parked for the 17 years I owned it.
    Yes, I did understand your original statement. I was just stating why it really struck me, not that there was anything wrong with what you said.
    I have owned MANY (TNTC) Mopars including both new and used. I have owned other Valiants than the referenced '69 (273 V8, AT, A/C, etc.) including a mid-1964 Signet hardtop with 273 V8. I also owned a GTX that had so much on it that it required two window stickers. I have owned more new Mopars than new cars from any other corporation.
    I sold Chrysler/Plymouth products new and used.
    I still have the last new Chrysler product that I purchased on June 13, 2000 - going to have a 19th birthday soon.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
      Yes, I did understand your original statement. I was just stating why it really struck me, not that there was anything wrong with what you said.
      I have owned MANY (TNTC) Mopars including both new and used. I have owned other Valiants than the referenced '69 (273 V8, AT, A/C, etc.) including a mid-1964 Signet hardtop with 273 V8. I also owned a GTX that had so much on it that it required two window stickers. I have owned more new Mopars than new cars from any other corporation.
      I sold Chrysler/Plymouth products new and used.
      I still have the last new Chrysler product that I purchased on June 13, 2000 - going to have a 19th birthday soon.
      Sounds like we have similar tastes in MOPARS. I still have the last 2 new Dodges I bought; 1986 Shelby Charger and 2006 RAM 3500 4 door dually diesel
      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

Judge hits the brakes on auction for barn-find 1969 Plymouth GTX

Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

I would have bet it was stolen. strange tale!
          Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
            I would have bet it was stolen. strange tale!
            Strange tale, yup - Stolen - no. I don't think we've heard the last of this one as the owner will still need to satisfy all costs associated with the storage and other issues. My guess is that's why the restraining order is temporary.

A local collector was involved in the bidding and a number of us were hoping he would buy it just so we could see it locally.

Bob

Comment

More this morning, clear as mud. More questions created than answered! BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
                Also a column shift bench seat car. And the mileage claim means nothing.

The GTX was the entry level B-body muscle car, and therefore the least valuable today. Still an awesome car, but already we’ll beyond what I would pay.
                GTX was hardly an entry-level- that's what the satellite and Road Runner were for- GTX was the high-line B-body aimed at performance- only engine options were 426 Hemi or 440. Nothing entry-level about them.
                Evan Davis
                Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
                  GTX was hardly an entry-level- that's what the satellite and Road Runner were for- GTX was the high-line B-body aimed at performance- only engine options were 426 Hemi or 440. Nothing entry-level about them.
                  I agree. Refer to my post no. 9.
                  I have owned many Satellites and Sport Satellites, but only one GTX.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

I remember it well....my first father in law had a 62 galaxy that he pulled a small travel trailer with. He wanted to replace it and got brochures and considered the GTX and the Pontiac 2+2 both of course had mongo engines available. He unfortunately bought a 68 Ford f150 with a 360 iirc. nice truck but not as cool as the cars would have been!
                    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I owned a national winning (NCPC) 1969 Valiant Signet four door.
                      What did your '69 four door have for options?

The reason I ask, is there is a very nice '68 Valiant four door here that was factory equipped with 273, four speed transmission, and single exhaust. It is a bench seat car, and the original owner ordered it that way with the intention of pulling a trailer. According to the current owner, it is one of seven four door, four speed cars 1968 Valiants with a 273 V8 produced that year, and his is the only example that was assembled in Canada.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        What did your '69 four door have for options?

The reason I ask, is there is a very nice '68 Valiant four door here that was factory equipped with 273, four speed transmission, and single exhaust. It is a bench seat car, and the original owner ordered it that way with the intention of pulling a trailer. According to the current owner, it is one of seven four door, four speed cars 1968 Valiants with a 273 V8 produced that year, and his is the only example that was assembled in Canada.

Craig
                        I bought mine from the family of the original owner who was a car "nut". Mine, that I owned for years, was a 1969 Valiant Signet four door sedan with 273 cid V8, Torqueflite, ps, pb, factory A/C, R&H and probably some other things that do not come to mind.
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                        X