First Snow of the Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Snow of the Year!

Happening now in Western Washington State. Expect we might get an inch.
    I should have worded the title differently. This is our FIRST snow this WINTER! Except in the mountains of course. Usually it turns to rain and is all gone by mid-morning next day.
    Last edited by Dwain G.; 02-03-2019, 08:31 PM. Reason: Clarify title
    Restorations by Skip Towne

Snowing hard and sticking in Centralia.
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1*
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Just a dusting here in B'ham...

Cold (for us) though (21F)
      Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

North wind at 22, 45 MPH gusts tonight up here. An inch or 2 of blowing snow. 14 degrees makes it hard to paint stuff.

Comment

This morning I hear there are 7,600 homes without power. That would make this cold spell a little problematic. Not complaining after what those farther east have been through.

40 Champion 4 door*
          50 Champion 2 door*
          53 Commander K Auto*
          55 President Speedster
          62 GT 4Speed*
          63 Avanti R1*
          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

70 degrees, bright sun, no wind.

Y'all move on down hey-uh.

Comment

Snowing here in Portland now. Hope I can make it home to Dundee. It is 26 miles with lots of slippery hills.
              Ed Sallia
              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

-3 here now; getting colder. There was some snow over night and I will be getting my blower going when I get home later. Hopefully the additional expected this week is not much. Piles next to parking lots around here at getting large. There must be a good 1ft+ on the ground in non-windy areas.

I went out Saturday and there was a notice taped to my door that I had not noticed when I got home Friday night about I should boil water since they had had a main break due to the cold earlier in the week. Frost here is probably down 5 ft by now. I knew something had happened due to air in the pipes but didn't think much of it and had drank several glasses that evening and made coffee the next morning before I knew this Fortunately, I haven't died of Cholera! I did get some bottled water but then found out the boil alert was removed Saturday in the late evening.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Jeff,
                  I wish it were flat like that here in Oregon. The hills make it tough going in the snow. Much easier on flat ground.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

8" in Hobart in the foothills east of Seattle. At 800' elevation we can expect it to stay around long after it disappears in the lowlands, it will be on the ground for weeks around here. Amazing how a little elevation can change the weather dynamics. Stay warm and be safe!-Bill

Comment

I had 8" in Kirkland & a new overnight low of 15F. Coming from MN I've never been without a snow shovel & true again, yesterday after the Mrs. shoveled the driveway (Don't give me s**t, I shoveled everything here at work and she had the day off) 3 neighbors asked to borrow the shovel once she was through. She just left it out and thankfully someone returned it last night by 10:00. I know we're weather wimps compared to what just took place last week in MN, but that's the reason I moved here. Winter's a lesson for slow learners.

Comment

Still snowing up in Whatcom County.... It looks like almost a foot or more which is usually not a problem, but the howling winds are causing huge drifts around doors, buildings, roads. If not for a shovel, several of our doors would be stuck. Still can't paint, I want to work on the 41!!!

They say it will warm, but I think we are really in for it.

Comment

We are thawing in the south west part of the state. Floods should be next.

40 Champion 4 door*
                          50 Champion 2 door*
                          53 Commander K Auto*
                          55 President Speedster
                          62 GT 4Speed*
                          63 Avanti R1*
                          64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Blame it on me. I recently retired from a job in Iowa and we moved back to western Washington, just as it began to snow. Was -18 air temp the morning we were loading our Uhaul trailer, anxious to get back to 'rainy' WA. Ha! Even gave the snow blower to a neighbor and left my snow shovels with the new owner, thinking I wouldn't need them. Had to borrow one when we got here!

Comment

Welcome home Tom!

Comment

Working...
                              X