Early Frost in N Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Frost in N Minnesota

Just missed some slightly early frost here in the Fargo area. It was in the 40s here last night but up NE of here they had a freeze:

Some new low temp records for this date were set in that area.

Usually will get a frost at least 1 time before the end of this month (Sept) in this area. For some reason, NE of here in upper central Minnesota near the border is always the cold spot.

I was running the AC upstairs just the other day due to some humid weather, although not real hot otherwise.

Jeff in ND

Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    Just missed some slightly early frost here in the Fargo area. It was in the 40s here last night but up NE of here they had a freeze:

Some new low temp records for this date were set in that area.

Usually will get a frost at least 1 time before the end of this month (Sept) in this area. For some reason, NE of here in upper central Minnesota near the border is always the cold spot.

I was running the AC upstairs just the other day due to some humid weather, although not real hot otherwise.
    Thank goodness, that front came through here last night and the broke the 80+ temp and humidity we've had. I can't tell you how much more active I feel today. If I wanted to live in the south I'd move there.

Bring on fall and winter.

Bob

Comment

What ever happened to global warming?

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
        It was 93 degrees F with a heat index above 100 here in Wappinger, NY today (about the same the last two days).
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Thank goodness we're all hugging the stoves!

It was 55 down in Minneapolis this morning but warmed up nicely.

Comment

It apparently moved to Wappinger, NY.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I trust that all of you who attended the Intl meet enjoyed our typical PNW summer weather. Seventies and low humidity, is the reason most of stay close to home in the summer. It's also why air conditioning was considered unnecessary until transplants began to require it.

Comment

I thought Fargo is in North Dakota.

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                  It was 93 degrees F with a heat index above 100 here in Wappinger, NY today (about the same the last two days).
                  Now, three days later, it cooled off by at least 30 degrees for the high of the day. The heat came on in our home today.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

It's still going on.

Are you confusing weather with climate?

Comment

Looks like a last gasp warm spell this week. Highs in the 80s. I was out to do a errand at lunch and it felt "hot" as the humidity was up. Driving m '86 Tbird this week just to exercise it some as not been run in a year. The AC is not working anymore (and not well last year) and I am not going to bother having it looked at now. The heater does not work either so this is about the last I would want to drive it this year.

Fargo, ND is right on the MN border and its more "Minnesota-ish" here as compared to "North Dakota-ish" in a lot of ways. ND sort of "starts" about 50+ West of here in a way as you get out of the RRV. I am sure a real ND native may disagree. I am a MN native but have lived here for 22yrs.

Jeff in ND

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                        Now, three days later, it cooled off by at least 30 degrees for the high of the day. The heat came on in our home today.
                        After three consecutive mornings of 64 degrees in my house, I finally turned on the gas boiler yesterday (I have radiant heat in my concrete floor). I heated the house up to 68 degrees then I shut the boiler off. The house has since maintained 68-69 degrees and should become warmer tomorrow as the outside temperature is to approach 80 again. Next week, I will turn the boiler back on as the weather will become autumn again.
                        sigpic
                        In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
                          I trust that all of you who attended the Intl meet enjoyed our typical PNW summer weather. Seventies and low humidity, is the reason most of stay close to home in the summer. It's also why air conditioning was considered unnecessary until transplants began to require it.
                          I'd like to add to what Bill said about NW climate. No matter how hot it gets, it always cools down to the 50's or low 60's at night. Even in the middle of summer I sometimes I hear the furnace run once during the wee hours.
                          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Teed off the morning at 8:03 AM. 50 deg, slight fog, modest breeze, and dew on the fairways. Falls back - Pure Michigan!! Bob

Comment

This is just a JOKE..NO offense meant

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
                              Teed off the morning at 8:03 AM. 50 deg, slight fog, modest breeze, and dew on the fairways. Falls back - Pure Michigan!! Bob
                              I thought Pure Michigan was the U. P. where I am from!!! I could not resist a small poke at our 'Troll' friends who live under the bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X