Postal Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postal Service

How many of you think the postal service is doing a bang up job ? Now let's tell the truth . I was mailed something from the US three months ago and it isn't here yet / Then another person mailed me something from another state on Oct. 4th and isn't here Either . Then I had something mailed to me on Oct 24th from my neighboring Province and it still isn't here . Does anyone out there know if the US and Canadian postal services are in gahoots with each other to lose mail on purpose or to delay mail on purpose ?? Wondering if this is another Russia - Gate forming . Any one have contacts in either service so we can get some answers ???

Old Fart

I suspect Canada Post is trying to compete with Telus for who can offer the poorest service.

Craig

Comment

I just keep the DBCSes, DIOSSes, AFCSes, BDSes, and "Barney" running....
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Hi Craig :

It sounds like you are experiencing the same B.S. as I am . Gotta find out who the minister of crappy service is and write a letter of congratulations .

Old Fart

Comment

It must be a Canadian thing, I have heard it is terrible up there.
          My Stude. Friends and Customers all have a Private Mail Box over the Border in Point Roberts, Washington

No problem here, I ordered 4 Tires from Arizona on Tues. Oct. 31, and they are here in the northwest corner of the US 10 Miles from the Canadian border 3 Days later on Fri. Nov. 3,
          With Free shipping you just can't beat that!
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner
          SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Not my experience. Packages I've sent to the other side of the world by USPS have gotten there expeditiously and intact, and at half the price of UPS, FeDex or DHL.
            Brad Johnson,
            SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
            Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
            '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
            '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
              It sounds like you are experiencing the same B.S. as I am . Gotta find out who the minister of crappy service is and write a letter of congratulations.
              The WORST thing the Alberta Government did since 1905 was privatize Alberta Government Telephones which morphed into Telus.

The BEST thing the Alberta Government did since 1905 was privatize all the Liquor Stores. Now I can buy a case of beer seven days a week until 2 AM.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                It must be a Canadian thing, I have heard it is terrible up there.
                My Stude. Friends and Customers all have a Private Mail Box over the Border in Point Roberts, Washington

No problem here, I ordered 4 Tires from Arizona on Tues. Oct. 31, and they are here in the northwest corner of the US 10 Miles from the Canadian border 3 Days later on Fri. Nov. 3,
                With Free shipping you just can't beat that!
                Rich,

Many have a ship point just south of the Canadian border for that very reason. I've had lots of big items shipped to Bonners Ferry, saving all kinds of shipping charges, brokerage fees, et al.

Craig

Comment

Did you give everyone your correct address?
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    Now I can buy a case of beer seven days a week until 2 AM.
                    Craig, having to buy a case of beer at 2 AM sounds like poor planning!
                    Brad Johnson,
                    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

A couple of days ago, mail was scattered for over a half mile on I-285 on the west side of Atlanta. No wrecked truck was seen, so no idea how it got onto the road.
                      Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

Comment

In all my years of mailing mail, packages, products, etc., I have had only one item go missing. That also happened to be the only package I ever sent to a customer in Canada.
                        sigpic
                        Dave Lester

Comment

I'm not sure how many pieces of mail the USPS moves a day but it has to be in the millions. They now partner with Amazon, Fedex and UPS to deliver packages and my carrier may now show up after 6:00 PM as we are on the end of the route. It's not the USPS of your father but a more efficient delivery system.

I haven't had a missed delivery in many years and they and Fedex are a lot easier on packages than UPS. USPS, in fact, just dropped off a purchase from Amazon today (Sunday) afternoon so I know they are really trying.

I just drop letters in the mailbox with no thought that they will not reach their destination. Their package service now has decent tracking and you know where you stand on package delivery.

Hard to complain about what they do these days.

Bob

Comment

A year ago I bought a Wilwood rear axle drive flange from a guy in North Carolina, sent via USPS. All I received was an empty opened box. The glued flap had come loose.
                            A couple or three months ago I sent a Studebaker guy in Canada $40US cash via USPS and he hasn't received it yet. Yes, I know, never send cash in the mail. But would it have been any different if I had sent a money order?
                            I don't know anything about the Canadian Post but overall, I am satisfied with the USPS. There's always going to be hiccups with any business from time to time.
                            As far as losing that 40 dollars, if that's the last 40 dollars I ever lose, I'll be a happy camper.
                            Jerry Forrester
                            Forrester's Chrome
                            Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Have been very satisfied with USPS. Just last week I mailed a C-cab truck vent window from DC to Vern Ediger in Kansas. Mailed Mon, received Wed in good shape. Insured and tracked at no extra charge. I often see the UPS truck dropping off stuff at the local PO to be mailed., so they must be satisfied, too.
                              Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
                              X