X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rayoung55 - Wyoming Studes

June 14, 2008 Somewhere west of Laramie

This is the wife's '60.

These are the "twins". 1958 3E7D's. They came down the assembly line with one truck between them. Separated at birth, one went to Colorado and one to California. Now reunited in Wyoming.

1926 EP Big Six Duplex Phaeton. Was actually used as the sheriff's car in Beadle county in South Dakota.

That convertible photo sure looks like it belongs on TW's cover.

Comment

You have a nice collection of Studes and some nice scenery around there too. I notice a Champ pickup in the background of the last pic. Got a close-up of it? What's the top speed of that 1926 Stude??

Lark ala mode
      In the middle of Minnesota
      sigpic
      In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

I agree that yellow vert is definetely a TW cover photo. You need to submit it! Thanks for sharing with us!

Last edited by Bullet; 09-20-2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Check out the back cover of the September 08 Turning Wheels and the inside for the story behind the Lark.

The tires on the 1926 are OLD so we've never checked out its top speed. I bought it from the original owner's son. He said he was in a bar one night back in the day and one of the other patrons was giving him crap about how fast is new Buick was. The Buick owner found out his car was not quite as fast as he thought it was. It has the 354 cid engine. There were very few cars back then that could outrun this. These cars were know as Arizona Sheriffs as many were used there as sheriff's cars. One of these are pictured on the advertising for the national meet this summer in Arizona.

Thanks for the nice comments!!

Rob and Janet Young
          Laramie

Comment

Very nice rigs! I love that '26, looks like a blast!

Dylan Wills

'61 lark deluxe 4 door wagon
            Dylan Wills
            Everett, Wa.

1961 Lark 4 door wagon
            1961 Lark 4 door wagon #2 (Wife's car!)
            1955 VW Beetle (Went to the dark side)
            1914 Ford Model T

Comment

I have a 26 studebaker sheriff phaeton that im going to restore with my dad soon. My grandpa and dad bought it but now it is mine. I have been working on cars my whole life trying to learn how to restore in antisipation for this car. I am needing info now though. Who is an expert on here on these 26 studs. I really need to know if there is a difference between a 26 big six engine and a 29 engine. I can pick up a completely rebuilt 29 engine for 1000 bucks, but i dont want to change the numbers on my car, so i would like to swap engine guts. Is this possible, who would know? Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X