My LIL Lark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the clock?
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
      How about the clock?
      It doesn't appear to have a clock, Jim; that's just the standard blank-out disc, as far as I can tell. BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Correct no clock.

Comment

I thought your thread title was a reference to the old TV show "My Little Margie". You just need a talking Bassett Hound.
          Like your car. I had a '62 Lark 4-door for a short time and really liked it. I was very surprised how easily it steered without power steering. Thanks for sharing this one.
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Nice Lark, it just jumps out to you as a real HONEST, economical little Car with 6 Passenger speciousness.

To be an honest economical driving Car all it needs is the Overdrive option.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Nice Lark, it just jumps out to you as a real HONEST, economical little Car with 6 Passenger speciousness.

To be an honest economical driving Car all it needs is the Overdrive option.
              Only 6? Of course there are no more $5.00 carload Drive-Ins in AZ, but you will get varying totals of passengers in a Lark.

Comment

Does your car have two back up bulbs? I have the same year and model. My car is also very low optioned. While I have two back up lenses on the outside, only the driver's side has a bulb. The passenger side is a dummy and doesn't have a provision for a bulb. I can only assume that the passenger side illumination would be an option. My car is black with the same color interior as yours. Now has a 327 Chvey and Muncie M21. My driver's seat looks absolutely identical to yours. It is torn and worn in the exact same places. I thought it was a picture of mine. My winter projcet is installing a set of NOS seat covers I got from Will at Starlight Studebaker. Does your car have carpet or is that a rubber floor? Hard to tell from the picture.

Comment

Hi Doug

The back up lights are on my to do list, there are wires going to both sides but there is no back up lights working at this time, I have not even taken the lens covers off to look to see if there are bulbs. The car has a rubber floor mat I have always been drawn to the bare bones low option cars of all makes and models. I just like the simplistic clean look I guess. Could you post a few pics of your car when you get a chance? I had a 69 firebird with the 327 M21 combo loved it. I liked the sound and how fast the motor would Rev .

Thanks
                  Have a Great day

Andy in Ohio

Comment

You can look inside the trunk for the bulb on the back up light. On my passenger side there is a wire in the harness that terminates on that side but is not connected to anything. There is no hole for the bulb in the back of the housing. It's just a dummy. I've attached some pics of the car. There is the car as bought, one of the interior as bought (note that there is a radio - but it was actually a different year radio that a previous owner installed and never hooked up. There were no speakers or antenna and no hole in fender. Also no side mirrors on either side or holes on doors. Also pic of car engine now and of car at cruise night in September. As far as I can tell the only options were an automatic trans (no overdrive) and heater which I assume was an option.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Wow Doug

That's one Great looking Lark. I like the Wheels without hubcaps and the painted front bumper. The car looks like something that would of raced the streets of Detroit on Woodward Ave back in the 60s and 70s. Nice job on the heart transplant very nice and clean. I'm sure she get lots of looks out on the street.

Thanks for posting the pics

Andy

Comment

Thanks. Actually it has the front bumper removed. The front valance looks like it was made to be used without a bumper. I took the bumper off when I removed the front clip and it looked so good without it I decided to leave it. Same with wheels. I actually had the rear wheels widened to 7" to put 275's on and after installing them decided I liked it better without the little poverty caps, so am leaving it. You hit the nail on the head. My plan was to buils it as would have been in the late 60's - early 70's. I originally thought sleeper, but the sound of that 327 killed that idea so I just went with the hot rodded look. Paint is faded and worn thru a little in some spots but it is true to the look I was after. Now to get the interior done.

Comment

Doug

Call me Crazy but there is just something about the lines on these Larks that I just Love. They almost seem to be one of those cars that people either Love or Dislike, I did not want to say Hate LOL.

Have a
                          Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

Me too. When I got this I was honestly not looking for a Studebaker. I was looking at Darts, Valiants, Ramblers, etc and then saw the Lark. I was hooked.

Comment

Working...
                            X