No announcement yet.

DEEPNHOCK's 1953 Drag Car ... "The Black Car"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a pic of 'The Black Car' (on the way to the IHRA tech inspection day at our local track)
    Parked next to David Parris's "Carolina Salt Shaker" (The former Burke Bros. Avanti)

Lighting was poor, due to weather moving in, but it felt good to have them both out of the shop for a few hours....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

• Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
      Here's a pic of 'The Black Car' (on the way to the IHRA tech inspection day at our local track)
      Parked next to David Parris's "Carolina Salt Shaker" (The former Burke Bros. Avanti)

Lighting was poor, due to weather moving in, but it felt good to have them both out of the shop for a few hours....
      THAT is the coolest thing I've seen all day.

Comment

• Well...This morning, since my wife is not feeling well, it fell on me to cook breakfast. So...on my way back from the nearest "Drive-In" window, A beautiful bright rainbow appeared in the morning sky. That...and this picture...is about as good a way to bracket, the beginning and end of a day, that I can think of. Thanks for posting.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

• One thumbs-up for each of them, Jeff; they look good. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

• I hope the Tech Inspection/ Cert goes well .

Looking forward to seeing you out there running .
            Bill H
            Daytona Beach
            SDC member since 1970
            Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

• Nearing the end, Well I guess really the start. Looks good. Bob

Comment

• Good for you, finally getting to this point. Good luck! Now we want pass videos
                Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                Romans 15:13
                Deuteronomy 31:6
                Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

• What an interesting history THAT Studebaker Avanti has!!...Great looking car!

Comment

• Just got back.
                    Car passed IHRA tech and has a fancy new pair of chassis cert stickers... Woohoo!

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

• Cool seeing it outside!
                      & from a distance it kinda hits me that it's the only Studebaker that looks good WITH rear spoiler because it's possible to see the Studebaker-design by itself.
                      & I don't know if I've missed it before or if I forgot, but the -55 taillights really does some mighty good too.
                      Just NICE!

Comment

• It had some homemade flat plastic tail light lenses in it..
                        Brad Bez turned me on to these (that would fit in the housing).
                        I think they fit the body lines real well....

Originally posted by Nox View Post
                        Cool seeing it outside!
                        & from a distance it kinda hits me that it's the only Studebaker that looks good WITH rear spoiler because it's possible to see the Studebaker-design by itself.
                        & I don't know if I've missed it before or if I forgot, but the -55 taillights really does some mighty good too.
                        Just NICE!

Jeff

Comment

• Ah well, it sure fooled me!
                          But I don't mind.

Comment

• How about The INCITER..... as in "Inciting a riot". All of those Ford and Chevy guys will be rioting after they get whiped off the strip... by a Studebaker?

Comment

• Good show, Jeff, good show! Sure would like to be there, playing cars with ya!
                              sigpic
                              Dave Lester

Comment

• Originally posted by Studedude View Post
                                Good show, Jeff, good show! Sure would like to be there, playing cars with ya!
                                Is this a great country, or what!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                                X