New tires on my brothers 56 Golden Hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New tires on my brothers 56 Golden Hawk

We just bought new 4 White Paw 215/75R15 wide whitewall tires for my brothers 56 Golden Hawk. we purchased them thru Summit Racing and they were approx. $75 cheaper($244ea) the Coker. In my opinion they look just as good! Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTires1.jpg
Views:	363
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	1998748 Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTires3.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	1998750
    Attached Files

Looking good, now y'all are ready for the Cruise-Ins. Hopefully they still have a lot of them there in SoCal. Gotta love the 56J, the best Stude 'family sports car' ever. Enjoy!

Comment

REALLY, they are called "White Paw" ! A Brand Name or a Tire Model Name? .

Maybe the Koreans finally ran out of American Parks, National Parks, Cities, Rivers, States etc. to copy the name of, now they are going for Native American Names! What's next, Running Wolf?
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

• 6hk71400
        6hk71400 commented
        Editing a comment
        Anyone remember that Uniroyal Tiger Paws are still available? They do sell new tires at Wally Mart and other places.

It looks like Kontio Tyres Ltd. are filling a void in the classic car industry, at less than others pricing (Coker, Etc ). If you can get your head around having an off shore named tire on your classic, then OK. I grew up with US Royal, Dunlop, Firestone, Goodyear and so on, so I have a hard time with it. When I first got my GT Hawk, 55 years ago, the only foreign tire I ever considered (and installed) was Michelin. As a side note, back then my Michelins were the cause of my being eliminated as a member from our local SDC!

I am glad I am no longer in the tire industry.
      Bill

Comment

No "edit" function so I'll state here that at least Kontio are made by Nokia in Finland. Knowing that, it reinforces (at least for me) and substantiates the quality of the Tyres!
        Buy with that reassurance.
        Bill

Comment

It's hard to get my mind around $244 for any car tire, but a few days ago I paid $237 for a pair of 12" x 4.80 trailer tires at Tractor Supply. At least they came mounted on wheels, but woulda cost half that much only a year ago. Of course they're made in China, as most trailer tires seem to be nowadays.

As for the OP's whitewalls, they sure look spiffy on that 56J. But at $1000 per set, they sure oughta. Hope Ernie and his brother drive that 56J like they stole it.

Comment

Joe,
            What is going on. Here in Western Canada we can purchase retail @ Princess Auto (like your Harbor Freight) the same size, 4 bolt rims for $69.95 (filled with Chinese air).
            Having spent 40 years in the tire industry, I donèÈt get it.
            Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
              Joe,
              What is going on. Here in Western Canada we can purchase retail @ Princess Auto (like your Harbor Freight) the same size, 4 bolt rims for $69.95 (filled with Chinese air).
              Having spent 40 years in the tire industry, I donèÈt get it.
              Bill
              Hi Bill,
              About $69.95 is what I thought they'd cost, and maybe they would have a year ago, but not anymore. I first went to Walmart, and they woulda been $207 out the door, but they only had next size up, which I did not really want. I was glad to find the correct size at Tractor Supply, and 'B' rated, max load 905 pounds. Walmart's were 'A' rated, and max load around 550. So I bit the bullet. Mine are 5-lug, but I don't think there was any difference in price with 4-lug, they were both on the same shelf.

Similarly, on a recent trip with that trailer (those tires were for), I stopped at a Loves truck stop and bought extra cargo straps, at 2 for $50. Again, a year ago they probably woulda been half that amount. Also, the ones at Loves were inferior to the ones I already had, but I just wanted extra.

Comment

Joe,
                No "edit" function so I also wanted to state:
                Right now our dollar is in the toilet so you should also be approx 30% less than the prices I quoted.
                Bill

Comment

Working...
                X