Saturday Night Special Shows Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Night Special Shows Out

Beautiful day for a 50 mile trip (smiling all the way) in my 53 coupe. This is what it is all about. Went to a car show about 50 miles from home and I can't tell you how much fun this car is to drive ! Windows down , side vents open, and cruising. The sweet spot is at about 2k rpm. This ends up cruising at about 65. There were 106 cars and trucks there, and as you might have guessed, ONE STUDEBAKER . I love it. Got a lot of lookers and good comments . But one comment stood out to me. This one guy that came back and told me how much he liked the car (3 times), ended his third trip with theses words: "I JUST LOVE THAT GENERATOR" Had a fun day, but had to leave before planned and didn't get a lot of pictures. Here's a couple :

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1304.JPG
Views:	126
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	1890499

Name:	IMG_1306.JPG
Views:	113
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1890500

Some years ago I went to a cruise in at the local Harley Davidson dealership. It was early in the season, and fewer than twenty cars showed up.
    In a highly unusual occurrence four of them were Studebakers, including one true Avanti and, even more unusual, the other three were these.

Name:	P8180133b.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1890503

"All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

That's three nice coupe examples. Thanks for posting

Comment

Working...
      X