Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Two 289 Studes- 4E7 Truck & Wagonaire

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Two 289 Studes- 4E7 Truck & Wagonaire

    Finally found the wagonaire I've always wanted. Now my Studebaker pair (not quite a flock) is complete.

    1959 4E7, 2 owner truck, 289/3spd OD
    1963 Daytona Wagonaire, 289/3spd OD

    Both are extreeeeemely well documented from new. Western vehicles.

    does anyone know where I can find a roof rack and slats for my wagonaire?


  • #2
    That is a nice pair. I have owned both, two 1959 V8 pickups and a 1963 Daytona Wagonaire V8.
    Before you install a roof rack, I have two comments based on the roof rack on my Wagonaire.
    1) The rack makes the Wagonaire look taller and narrower.
    2) The rack on a Wagonaire is difficult to clean around.
    I bought NOS roof rack rails for my Wagonaire, but that was years ago.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

    Comment


    • #3
      studegary Thanks! Would like to have them for the practicality. RG

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by rggale View Post
        studegary Thanks! Would like to have them for the practicality. RG
        I owned my Wagonaire for nine years and do not remember ever using the roof rack for its intended purpose. I did haul a lot inside of that Wagonaire.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

        SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

        Comment


        • #5
          That is a great looking Wagonaire!

          I host the Wagonaire Registry for SDC which you can find at: wagonaire.info on the web.

          It is a good place for Wagonaire owners to share information and ask questions. Take a look and maybe add your Wagonaire to the group.
          I think I have a extra Wagonaire roof rack but I'm not sure it is complete. I'll have to check if you are interested. Good cross bars at the front and back are hard to find. I keep thinking that one day I will get around to checking with a local sheet metal shop about reproducing them.

          A set of first rate pads for the slats can be obtained from garyash@studegarage.com put you would need to check with him about the price.

          Great looking pair of Studebakers! Thanks for posting. More pictures are always welcome by everyone on the Forum!!
          Nick

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ndynis View Post
            That is a great looking Wagonaire!

            I host the Wagonaire Registry for SDC which you can find at: wagonaire.info on the web.

            It is a good place for Wagonaire owners to share information and ask questions. Take a look and maybe add your Wagonaire to the group.
            I think I have a extra Wagonaire roof rack but I'm not sure it is complete. I'll have to check if you are interested. Good cross bars at the front and back are hard to find. I keep thinking that one day I will get around to checking with a local sheet metal shop about reproducing them.

            A set of first rate pads for the slats can be obtained from garyash@studegarage.com put you would need to check with him about the price.

            Great looking pair of Studebakers! Thanks for posting. More pictures are always welcome by everyone on the Forum!!
            Nick
            Thanks Nick! I've tried to sign up for the wagonaire registry but it didn't work.
            i have a great sheet metal guy a few minutes away from me but need the originals to reproduce.

            im interested in your rack. PM me if you're interested in selling. Thanks !

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by rggale View Post

              Thanks Nick! I've tried to sign up for the wagonaire registry but it didn't work.
              i have a great sheet metal guy a few minutes away from me but need the originals to reproduce.

              im interested in your rack. PM me if you're interested in selling. Thanks !
              I hope that you realize that the rack rails and corner supports are not "sheet metal".
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

              SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

              Comment


              • #8
                Yes, they are Stainless Steel and i should have said Machine Shop instead of Sheet Metal Shop. Thanks for catching that!
                Nick

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by ndynis View Post
                  Yes, they are Stainless Steel and i should have said Machine Shop instead of Sheet Metal Shop. Thanks for catching that!
                  Nick
                  The corner supports and the rails are not stainless steel (AFAIR).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

                  SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X