1959 Scotsman 4E2D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    Wow - that is something else... How much did the 4 WD add to the price of those pick-ups?
    Factory list price, 1959 4E2-22 pickup (without any options): $1801 + $153.00 Federal tax
    Factory list price, 4WD conversion for above model: $1030 + $78.30 Federal tax
    Skip Lackie

Comment

Craig,
      Don't think the truck will make it to Reno... but, you're more than welcome to swing by the house on your way down.
      sigpic1959 4E2D 498 Studebaker Scotsman 4X4

http://www.napco4x4.org/gallery/m80-...-protype1.html

Comment

Originally posted by tsenecal View Post
        Awesome truck, and restoration. I learned in Sunday school, that it is bad to 'covet' , but it would sure look nice in my garage!
        Thanks Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
          Factory list price, 1959 4E2-22 pickup (without any options): $1801 + $153.00 Federal tax
          Factory list price, 4WD conversion for above model: $1030 + $78.30 Federal tax
          Wow! An option that costs 57% (pre-tax) of the overall truck price.

EDIT: For a current comparison, that would be like a $19,950 option on a $35K vehicle.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Wow! An option that costs 57% (pre-tax) of the overall truck price.

EDIT: For a current comparison, that would be like a $19,950 option on a $35K vehicle.
            Kind of defeats the purpose of having a budget priced truck - this might be why so few were built...

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
              Kind of defeats the purpose of having a budget priced truck - this might be why so few were built...
              The Scotsman 4E2 was only $118 cheaper than the 4E7 Deluxe. The cost of the Napco conversion was the same for both.
              Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
                Super clean build. Too bad some of the pictures are turned.
                Thanks Howard...

Comment

I have a 1959 Scotsman Delux 1/2 ton with 245 commander 6 122 w 3 speed O/D if I can figure out how to post a picture I will glad to hear of another 59 your truck looks great Bud R

Comment

OUTSTANDING......nice chrome touches as well......Could you snap a picture of the transfer case shifter? I have a PTO on my 49 and I don't like the cable, I'd rather have a shifter....I'd like to see the hole in the floor better, so I can perhaps do that on mine...

Comment

4X4 Shifter arm and linkage.

Hi Kevin,
                      Here's a couple of pictures of the 4X4 shifting mechanism.
                      Thanks for all kind words about my truck.
                      Last edited by 4hawks; 02-12-2021, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Thanks, the second one shows what I wanted to see.....is that slot the transfer case shifter cut in only for the 4x4? That is exactly where I would prefer my PTO to come up at.....that chrome really pops....nice.

Comment

Is this the same truck that Tom Griffith owned many years ago in the San Francisco Bay Area?
                          RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
                          4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
                          5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon

Comment

No... originally this truck was purchased new from a Studebaker dealership in Ellensburg Wa. and spent most of its life working on a farm in Eastern Washington. I am the second owner, the original owner was William Shelton.
                            Thanks!

Comment

That is an extremely nice restoration. You are to be commended for your fine work. Very impressive. I hope I get an opportunity to see this truck in person sometime soon. We are in the same zone so that is highly likely.
                              Ed Sallia
                              Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                                That is an extremely nice restoration. You are to be commended for your fine work. Very impressive. I hope I get an opportunity to see this truck in person sometime soon. We are in the same zone so that is highly likely.
                                Thanks much Ed!!

Comment

Working...
                                X