No announcement yet.

My 63 GT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little update, I run out of fuel twice as the gauge was not showing correctly, got a new sensor for the tank and it now works like it should! Put a 1000 miles on the car since getting plates last year I also installed a Tachometer to balance out the Dash. I almost pooped my pants drilling the hole... On the rear end of the dash the hole was already cut out in the fibreglass, so I could make a template for where to drill in the front based on that. I got a 110mm hole drill, masked up the dash and got going... The Tachometer I had rebuilt with new innards for easy instalment! It now looks and works great! I also installed a https://redirad.com/ that gives a great sound though the old system. As you can see on the photos A man is only truly happy when driving his Studebaker! So smooth the children fall asleep in the back seat

Click image for larger version

Name:	hole.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	1728384Click image for larger version

Name:	Full dash.jpg
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	1728386Click image for larger version

Name:	Nigth .jpg
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1728383Click image for larger version

Name:	Good life.jpg
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	1728382Click image for larger version

Name:	driver.jpg
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	1728381Click image for larger version

Name:	Good place to sleep.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	1728385

Next up I have a new master cylinder and slave cylinders ready to go in the car. Also got a new set of shocks front and back and going to replace all the old rubber...

Comment

Nice photos, and yes, a full dash really makes a GT!

Comment

Looking great and making memories. Don’t know why Studebaker ever let any of those GTs leave the factory without clocks or tachs. And those back seats are great to fall asleep on - guilty of falling asleep in the back of a few in my days...

Comment

those back seats are great to fall asleep on - guilty of falling asleep in the back of a few in my days...
          As I purchased my GT at the ripe age of 18, I have to admit I was guilty of "other things" in my back seat.
          Thank goodness I still have the car and the memories.
          Bill

Comment

It's been a while since I wrote something, but with some amazing luck in life I'm now the proud owner of a 53 Commander coupe!!! It seems to be in very good condition. One of my other cars will have to go to make space, not sure what one yet..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Comander 1.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	147.1 KB
ID:	1825121Click image for larger version

Name:	Comander 3.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	1825122Click image for larger version

Name:	Comander 2.jpg
Views:	245
Size:	117.9 KB
ID:	1825124Click image for larger version

Name:	Comander hawk.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	1825123

Comment

The 63, got all new rubber underneath, shocks, rebuilt carb and master + slaves replaced. Drives very nice

Comment

I would keep the 53 and the 63 Studebakers. Keep it in the family vs one of each brand.

mark

Comment

Yes definitely, get rid of the Brand X's to keep those 2 Very Nice Studebaker's inside!

Don't forget, the '53 is actually a Starliner HARDTOP "K" Body !
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't mind what sells to be honest! The Corvair has been with me since I was 17 and probably the one I would regret see go, the 54 Chrysler convertible is a fun summer car.. 53 Is beautiful car and the 63 a great car...

Comment

Working...
                    X