Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
    Better in black.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]71117[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]71119[/ATTACH]

The red and black looks much cleaner without the silver! Great looking car

Comment

Thanks mitka88, just ordered paint to repaint trunk that didn't turn out good so trying to decide if I should get rid of the red and make it all black.

Comment

Ron,
        My '63 GT is all original black and personally I find it very classy. It always is a personal taste but mine has successfully worked for me for 50 years and I still love it.
        Good luck in whatever direction you choose to go.
        Cheers, Bill

Comment

The red and black is a cooler rod look, but if you want it more stock then all black is nice... You must be using a fortune on paint considering how big the hood alone is

Comment

Mail order from N.J., kit with gallon of acrylic enamel with reducer and hardner for under $100 including shipping. (Don't know it you are allowed to mention company names here). First attempt of painting this car was a failure due to bad primer causing top coat failure, after sanding all off and re priming, used a pre mixed acrylic lacquer (red, black and silver for top) from local auto parts store, about $25 quart. Not liking the three color combination used leftover enamel (black) to cover the silver. Top in enamel turned out better than lacquer and because trunk has some imperfections plan is now to do everything in the enamel. Paint to arrive tomorrow so I'll let you know results. All said, would probably have been better to have paint shop do the painting...but if you don't try you'll never learn.

Comment

Lots of sanding experience! Exited to see the results!

Comment

Working...
              X