Half price @ Museum on IDYSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half price @ Museum on IDYSD

Just received a twitter tweet from the Studebaker Museum that they are offering 1/2 price admission Saturday, in Honor of IDYSD. Take advantage of the offer/info.
    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 09-07-2012, 05:32 PM.
    61 Lark

sigpic

Geeze, Kevin; was I glad to read your post! I read only the topic's title and thought a bad tornado had gone through South Bend! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Don't want to leave impressions of twisters Bob!! Made a change
      61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

That is pretty cool! Wish I was in SB to take advantage Mr. Dresbach, did you have a hand in this?

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by showbizkid View Post
          That is pretty cool! Wish I was in SB to take advantage Mr. Dresbach, did you have a hand in this?
          Firstly; HAPPY IDYSD!!!

Secondly; Been looking this morning through the local media sources for an announcement about the SNM 1/2 off admission in honor of IDYSD, but all that was found thus far was this: http://events.inthebend.com/south_be...and-south-bend

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
            Firstly; HAPPY IDYSD!!!

Secondly; Been looking this morning through the local media sources for an announcement about the SNM 1/2 off admission in honor of IDYSD, but all that was found thus far was this: http://events.inthebend.com/south_be...and-south-bend
            I would suspect, that such a great offer of 1/2 off admission, would qualify as Target Marketing,
            you find the deal, you get the prize! I will post a screen shot of the Tweet, follow them, so you'll know of new information without having to check the website day in and day out.

Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 09-08-2012, 04:35 AM.
            61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4961Studebaker View Post
              I would suspect, that such a great offer of 1/2 off admission, would qualify as Target Marketing,
              you find the deal, you get the prize!
              I absolutely agree with "Target Marketing" and I've been pushing it in the SDC for a long, long time!!! BUT ...to be effective the Target Market(s) must first be identified!!! In this case ...with more advance notice and more media cooperation ...that "Target

Comment

Marketing does target those who have an interest in the product and those who are unfamiliar to the product.

I would think that when it comes to a revenue reduction (a sale) marketing of this discount becomes tighter and more specific to those that know hence the small Twitter group (fair or not that's another debate but free enterprise allows)
                Think of Cruise packages and or baseball packages savy consumers have to hunt for deals now The deals are not widely advertised its a different strategy for an event (stinks yes?) that's just how it is.

To the football fans, that group is large, marketing to them is different maybe they get to read an ad in the game program with a smaller discount when they visit? In either case these Domers are probably pretty savy at what is available for them to spend their dollars on while in S Bend.

Besides the event discount is for those Driving or knowing about Driving your Studebaker today (thus the discount). I imagine that the football fan percentage driving a Studebaker today is low just like Twitter followers.

Soooo, be thankful that the offer exists AT ALL and that it's posted here.
                Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 09-08-2012, 06:24 AM.
                61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X