No announcement yet.

Studebaker Hummer 2003

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some pix of the second XUV "mule" in Cancun. At that time ( October 2006), it did have most an an interior in it - including embroidered seat covers. This is my first attempt at pix in the forum - hope it works...

Jeff

1951 Custom
    1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
    1962 Champ
    1963 Standard R1 4 speed
    1963 Avanti R1
    1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
    2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

If it was a rebodied Excursion, then another barrier to production (like having a broke firm and the boss in jail isn't enough) could be the fact that the Excursion went out of production in 2005.
      True, they could make them out of F-250 chassis...but it would be a bit harder.

quote:Originally posted by rockinhawk
      But then isn't the GM Hummer just a rebodied Suburban? NT
      Yes and no. According to the car magazines, the H2 is a bit more than just a rebodied Surburban...but there is a lot of GM DNA there.
      The H3 is more GM than AM General. It's a rebodied Chevy/CMC something or other. That's why it's not made at the AM General plant.

63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State
      63 Avanti R1 2788
      1914 Stutz Bearcat
      (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

If it was a rebodied Excursion, then another barrier to production (like having a broke firm and the boss in jail isn't enough) could be the fact that the Excursion went out of production in 2005.

Yes and no. According to the car magazines, the H2 is a bit more than just a rebodied Surburban...but there is a lot of GM DNA there.
        The H3 is more GM than AM General. It's a rebodied Chevy/CMC something or other. That's why it's not made at the AM General plant.

63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State
        63 Avanti R1 2788
        1914 Stutz Bearcat
        (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Retired, I understand that GM & Navistar have signed a Memorandum of Understanding that Navistar will be buying the medium-duty lines you speak of. Navistar will provide Chevrolet & GMC branded trucks to GM dealers. I understand GM's contract with Isuzu runs out for the Duramax diesel in 2010. I'm guessing here, but I believe that will mean the GM medium-duty trucks will start getting International engines at that point.

JBoyle, you're right on the H2. The H3 is a rebodied Colorado/Canyon, and will get a pickup-ish model in the next year or so, if Autoblog is to be believed.

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

Retired, I understand that GM & Navistar have signed a Memorandum of Understanding that Navistar will be buying the medium-duty lines you speak of. Navistar will provide Chevrolet & GMC branded trucks to GM dealers. I understand GM's contract with Isuzu runs out for the Duramax diesel in 2010. I'm guessing here, but I believe that will mean the GM medium-duty trucks will start getting International engines at that point.

JBoyle, you're right on the H2. The H3 is a rebodied Colorado/Canyon, and will get a pickup-ish model in the next year or so, if Autoblog is to be believed.

Currently driving an '87 Ford F-150, but I dream of having a Hawk one day. Don't we all?

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JBOYLE

Comment

Regardless of what SUV is made from what, the SUV is dead. Move on. I
                  hear that CARS have become popular again.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                  '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                  Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                  http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                  I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Regardless of what SUV is made from what, the SUV is dead. Move on. I
                    hear that CARS have become popular again.

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
                    '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
                    Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
                    http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
                    I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

Here is the info on the GM medium duty truck deal with Navistar:

I would be surprised if they switched to Navistar diesels, since Ford also uses them. They have a pretty tight relationship with Isuzu even though they sold their ownership in the company to Toyota.

Dan White
                      64 R1 GT
                      64 R2 GT
                      Dan White
                      64 R1 GT
                      64 R2 GT
                      58 C Cab
                      57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

I would be surprised if they switched to Navistar diesels, since Ford also uses them. They have a pretty tight relationship with Isuzu even though they sold their ownership in the company to Toyota.

Dan White
                        64 R1 GT
                        64 R2 GT
                        Dan White
                        64 R1 GT
                        64 R2 GT
                        58 C Cab
                        57 Broadmoor (Marvin)

Comment

The world has gone nutz.....
                          International Harvester sold off it's Ag line to JI Case a few decades ago,
                          shut down their light truck operation, and renamed the company..
                          They kept their DT engine line (an old farm tractor engine) and tweaked the 6.9 V8 diesel
                          and started selling it to Ford.
                          Now, besides the current GM medium truck deal that Navistar
                          (oops, International Truck and Engine...they slipped another name change in on me )
                          has just announced a joint venture engine deal with Mahindra in India for Ag tractors....
                          They are slowly but surely going back to where they got out of earlier...

Oh, and we won't even talk about Freightliner's upcoming name change to Daimler Truck [V][xx(].....
                          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Dan White

Dan White
                          64 R1 GT
                          64 R2 GT
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

The world has gone nutz.....
                            International Harvester sold off it's Ag line to JI Case a few decades ago,
                            shut down their light truck operation, and renamed the company..
                            They kept their DT engine line (an old farm tractor engine) and tweaked the 6.9 V8 diesel
                            and started selling it to Ford.
                            Now, besides the current GM medium truck deal that Navistar
                            (oops, International Truck and Engine...they slipped another name change in on me )
                            has just announced a joint venture engine deal with Mahindra in India for Ag tractors....
                            They are slowly but surely going back to where they got out of earlier...

Oh, and we won't even talk about Freightliner's upcoming name change to Daimler Truck [V][xx(].....
                            Jeff[8D]

Dan White
                            64 R1 GT
                            64 R2 GT
                            HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Dan White
                              64 R1 GT
                              64 R2 GT
                              I dont remember where I heard it, but Ford is supposedly trying to dump International and use Cummins as Dodge was going to start using the Mercedes Diesel engines, but dont know if that will happen now or not. Ford has been unhappy with International for some time because the engines are loud and International will not let Ford put their own diesel in the F-150 which is something they want to do to try to compete in the US market as there are many that feel the first US truck company to get a diesel in a half ton wins the game. (I wish we had spell check)

Former owner/owner with Dad:
                              58 Packard Golden Hawk
                              62 Hawk
                              62 Lark
                              63 Lark
                              64 Lark
                              63 Champ

Lakeland, FL

Comment

Dan White
                                64 R1 GT
                                64 R2 GT
                                I dont remember where I heard it, but Ford is supposedly trying to dump International and use Cummins as Dodge was going to start using the Mercedes Diesel engines, but dont know if that will happen now or not. Ford has been unhappy with International for some time because the engines are loud and International will not let Ford put their own diesel in the F-150 which is something they want to do to try to compete in the US market as there are many that feel the first US truck company to get a diesel in a half ton wins the game. (I wish we had spell check)

Former owner/owner with Dad:
                                58 Packard Golden Hawk
                                62 Hawk
                                62 Lark
                                63 Lark
                                64 Lark
                                63 Champ

Lakeland, FL

Comment

Working...
                                X