No announcement yet.

Carpet vendor choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ended up buying red cut pile carpeting from Automotive Interiors. The door panels on the car were cut pile so I matched them (the kick panels too but I don't know if that was factory.) The padding came separate from the carpeting. There was a lot of trimming to make the padding and carpeting fit (especially since the vendor doesn't consider the under-seat heater and I also have a factory A/C unit that practically sits right on top of the transmission hump and it had to be loosened and moved.) We glued down the padding firmly and then spot glued the carpeting. The car originally had an all-red interior and I'm glad I took out the black carpeting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1891.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	1712309

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1900.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	1712310
    Bill L.
    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

That looks very good Dan! I always liked the plush look of Cut Pile Carpet, even though Studebaker never used it after 1955.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

56GH Now I know where my new carpet is coming from. Looks great. How long it it take to get it? My seats are about the same color or close enough to work. Did you order the 815 red or the 825 maroon?
        Last edited by swvalcon; 01-31-2017, 05:33 PM.

Comment

See the PM to you, "swvalcon." I forgot to add that it only took two weeks to get the carpeting from NY to FL. AI has made a lot of Studebaker carpets and has a separate listing on their menu just for Studebakers. $290 plus $32 shipping.
          Bill L.
          1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
          X