What's with battery hold down joke!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with battery hold down joke!

Someone tell me about the Battery hold down joke.

Had a 50 packard once.

If you do not know the secret Studebaker handshake, I probably should not be sharing this with you. However, our own Bob Palma (Technical Editor of Turning Wheels) has commented a number of times on "restored" cars that either have an improper or totally missing battery hold down. Others in the group have picked up on this and now comment on it regularly. Just a little inside joke.

Comment

If you do not know the secret Studebaker handshake, I probably should not be sharing this with you. However, our own Bob Palma (Technical Editor of Turning Wheels) has commented a number of times on "restored" cars that either have an improper or totally missing battery hold down. Others in the group have picked up on this and now comment on it regularly. Just a little inside joke.

Comment

Something like the "bad ground".

Jim Bradley
        '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
        Jim Bradley
        Lake Monticello, VA
        '78 Avanti II
        sigpic

Comment

Something like the "bad ground".

Jim Bradley
          '64 Daytona HT "Rerun"
          Jim Bradley
          Lake Monticello, VA
          '78 Avanti II
          sigpic

Comment

That's the FIRST thing you look for when purchasing a Studebaker. A correct battery holddown.

Nothing else matters

Mark Anderson
            1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

That's the FIRST thing you look for when purchasing a Studebaker. A correct battery holddown.

Nothing else matters

Mark Anderson
              1965 Cruiser

Home of the Cruiser Registry

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Nothing else matters

Mark Anderson
                Of course, Mark, no battery hold-down on a car being marketed on e-bay may mean the seller just threw the battery in there to get the car moved around for pictures: You'd better not plan on it being in there when and if you buy the car; ethics notwithstanding...! [8D] BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by 65cruiser

Nothing else matters

Mark Anderson
                  Of course, Mark, no battery hold-down on a car being marketed on e-bay may mean the seller just threw the battery in there to get the car moved around for pictures: You'd better not plan on it being in there when and if you buy the car; ethics notwithstanding...! [8D] BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think a few pictures of bad battery hold downs, Stude or not are in order.

Comment

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

From our own Matthew Burnette......

Comment

quote:Originally posted by Chucks Stude

From our own Matthew Burnette......

Comment

Gary, it WORKS!

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Gary, it WORKS!

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona