• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's back... Cheap Avanti!

I'm almost tempted to go look at it..

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5591707911.html
    $2500.00 cash would probably get it home!

Comment

No title.
      is sometimes much aggravation.

Not running
      can be a screwdriver fix or it can require a new engine and transmission.

Buy it as a parts car and hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst.

jack vines
      PackardV8

Comment

Nothing a lot of time and money wouldn't cure. Make an offer, parts alone will give you a profit.

Comment

I'm still amazed on how such "luxury" cars wind up in such poor condition w/ no titles......

Comment

I see a lot of useable pieces-parts there and as karterfred said, you could make a profit Did anyone notice the manual windows?

Comment

[QUOTE=lark55; Did anyone notice the manual windows?[/QUOTE]

Manual windows in a Stude Avanti certainly is a plus....but not such a rarity as before (the regulators themselves) as GT Hawk units apparently can be altered to work in an Avanti!

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5591707911.html

You do know the car is in San Antonio, It's just listed in the Austin Craigslist

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                  I'm still amazed on how such "luxury" cars wind up in such poor condition w/ no titles......
                  "Luxury" wears off when they won't run and start to fall apart. The costs to "fix" them is almost always more than a cheap used car-so out to the salvage lot they go. No "titles" is very common, as many states won't issue them on 20+ year old cars-you just register them, and buy/sell on a bill of sales only. Problems come if you want to register one without title in a "title" state.

Comment

If anyone gets the serial number, please post it. Thx
                    64 GT Hawk (K7)
                    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

[QUOTE=karterfred88;997468Problems come if you want to register one without title in a "title" state.[/QUOTE]

Yep, like North Carolina! Here it's a hassle and a-half if you don't get a title with an out-of-state car. It's like the DMV automatically assumes you have stolen it or are trying to title a vehicle with an altered VIN (serial) number.
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                        Yep, like North Carolina! Here it's a hassle and a-half if you don't get a title with an out-of-state car. It's like the DMV automatically assumes you have stolen it or are trying to title a vehicle with an altered VIN (serial) number.
                        Yeah, it's like trying to explain to the vehicle inspector that VINs weren't invented yet, having them try to test your front "ball joints" for wear, that "I" is a "1", why you don't have "seat belts" that are staring them in the face that were optional, or making them find the smog specs to match your emissions test print out. Just adds to the fun!!!
                        Last edited by karterfred88; 06-21-2016, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                          Paul
                          Even with a title you have to take it to the DMV.
                          Jack White
                          Charlotte,NC
                          North Carolina Studebaker Drivers Club

Comment

Originally posted by Bamajak View Post
                            Paul
                            Even with a title you have to take it to the DMV.
                            True.......
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by 64V-K7 View Post
                              If anyone gets the serial number, please post it. Thx

Texted with owner, he sent info and photo of ID plate:

Serial No. R-5121 Body No. RQ-4011

Comment

Working...
                              X