Bean Blossom Orphan drag race.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean Blossom Orphan drag race.

Did anyone post any video of the drag races this year? Usually there is lots of action on the forum, but I haven't seen any this time. ??
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Have a few videos. Waiting on Richard to put together his packet. It was a great event. Here a a few quick photos I took.
    Attached Files
    Start and Stage Your Studebakers

Comment

Thanks for the reply.
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

I will post something soon, I hope. I still have not looked at the videos.
        Richard
        The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Unable to upload any of my video .AVI files due to U tube continuous rejections. But here is a photo.
          Attached Files

Comment

Finally got one uploaded. Here is my first run last Saturday.

Comment

You can see my grandsons running around at the end.
              Richard
              The annual all Studebaker Nationals and Orphan Car Drag Race is Saturday May 27th 2017 9:00 am at Brown County Dragway in Bean Blossom, Indiana. "Studebaker Drag Racing you can't beat it" For more information contact Richard Poe

Comment

Watching drag racing is great entertainment....but now I'm definitely past the stage in life when I'd sidestep the clutch pedal and beat the snot out of my Studebakers!!!

(Been there-Done that!)

Comment

Was that you in the near lane?
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

If you are asking me, no that's not me. That's a 1979 Avanti II with a 400ci Chevy engine.
                    Richard

Comment

Oh wow SN 60 I didn't realize that you were older then Ted The Chicken Hawk at what age do you give up side stepping the clutch ? I will have to put it on the calendar. Sorry couldn't resist.

Comment

Originally posted by studejohn View Post
                        Oh wow SN 60 I didn't realize that you were older then Ted The Chicken Hawk at what age do you give up side stepping the clutch ? I will have to put it on the calendar. Sorry couldn't resist.
                        Just don't like beating my cars....never did to be honest!

(That COULD be because of bad memories of changing out those 11" Ford truck clutches in my old 56J!!)

Comment

I hear ya. When I had my Cuda years ago my students would ask me how fast it was. My answer was that "I didn't know because I can't afford to break it". However, since this event is for fun, I would like to give it a try. Maybe I won't have to walk home.
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Here is run # 2 at Brown County.

Comment

Run # 4.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

Working...
                              X