Murphy's Law Alive and Well LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murphy's Law Alive and Well LOL

Well Saturday was the Christmas Parade in Fresno California. The most beautiful day you could have for a Parade. As you may remember I posted the Narrative of our entry in the Parade. Gus Mater and his Studebaker Family. Well with the events of this week it was a real Challenge to say the least.
    Here is where you just have to have a sense of Humor.
    Sat Morning 7:30 at Bruces shop franticly making eyelids for 5 Studebakers and painting them within an hour.
    Racing home to gather all the eyeballs Xmas decorations for the cars plus supplies to afix said decorations.
    We get there no Parade people. Good thing they send where we were supposed to stage 3 days before the parade.
    10am someone gives me a heads up that the Parade starts at 11 instead of 12noon.
    The parade check in people finally arrive at 10 am. Guess what they have no record of my entry what so ever in any division.
    This went on for an hour. No narrative that was confirmed that they had 3 days before the parade.
    Came a little prepared had part of the narrative in Mabel rewrote the last part and gave to Officials. They assured me they would have it all straightened out. Changed the lineup like four different times
    I told them if I could get access to a computer I could retrieve the narrative. I knew that I posted on the forum so I could get the real thing. Well no computer access.
    Ok the parade starts its still two hours before we move.
    Parade Officials come find me they tell me they are sorry they have found all my paperwork. Everything is great.
    Wow what a sense of relief.
    Well since we had been through so much I decided we wouldn't just drive by the Podium. I instructed my niece who was driving Gus to pull in by the Podium leave enough room for all the cars . So all 8 Studebakers pulled in couldn't have been any better. We staggered the cars up until that point. They looked so good.Well the Hawk was behind Gus for a reason. The Hawk has been blowing its new freeze plugs lately twice we had to be rescued the last few weeks. Right after the judging stand the Hawk was steaming again.
    Such quick work. David and Booby both exit the Hawk stop Gus (Tow) Mater grab the chain in back hook up the Hawk and off we go didn't even slow down the parade.
    Ok so we get home and I have recorded the Parade we watch our entry. Well they didn't have the narrative they said hey look its Tow Mater from the movie Toy Story. Oh look its all the cars from Toy story. Another announcer says I think thats lightening MC Queen from the Cars movie. Then they proceed to fill in blank air about the eyes looking at them can they see through them. Yes they can cause Bobby answered by shaking his head yes. One announcer said That's a Studebaker boy I think that they are all The Studebaker club. Yeah they only made them for a few years.
    Well I have a meeting set up for Monday with the head of the Parks and Recreation Department, the head of the Parade and the two assistants that I talked to over the past week.
    I'll keep you informed of their education.
    Just wanted to share the Humor. Here is a link to the pictures.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

It looks like you had a few tense moments but it all worked out. Having the tow truck involved and handy probably even added to the parade. Most probably thought the whole thing was intentional. After your recent loss, I am especially glad all turned out well for the parade.
    quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Well Saturday was the Christmas Parade in Fresno California. The most beautiful day you could have for a Parade. As you may remember I posted the Narrative of our entry in the Parade. Gus Mater and his Studebaker Family. Well with the events of this week it was a real Challenge to say the least.
    Sat Morning 7:30 at Bruces shop franticly making eyelids for 5 Studebakers and painting them within an hour.
    Racing home to gather all the eyeballs Xmas decorations for the cars plus supplies to afix said decorations.
    We get there no Parade people. Good thing they send where we were supposed to stage 3 days before the parade.
    10am someone gives me a heads up that the Parade starts at 11 instead of 12noon.
    The parade check in people finally arrive at 10 am. Guess what they have no record of my entry what so ever in any division.
    This went on for an hour. No narrative that was confirmed that they had 3 days before the parade.
    Came a little prepared had part of the narrative in Mabel rewrote the last part and gave to Officials. They assured me they would have it all straightened out. Changed the lineup like four different times
    I told them if I could get access to a computer I could retrieve the narrative. I knew that I posted on the forum so I could get the real thing. Well no computer access.
    Parade Officials come find me they tell me they are sorry they have found all my paperwork. Everything is great.
    Well since we had been through so much I decided we wouldn't just drive by the Podium. I instructed my niece who was driving Gus to pull in by the Podium leave enough room for all the cars . So all 8 Studebakers pulled in couldn't have been any better. We staggered the cars up until that point. They looked so good.Well the Hawk was behind Gus for a reason. The Hawk has been blowing its new freeze plugs lately twice we had to be rescued the last few weeks. Right after the judging stand the Hawk was steaming again.
    Such quick work. David and Booby both exit the Hawk stop Gus (Tow) Mater grab the chain in back hook up the Hawk and off we go didn't even slow down the parade.
    Ok so we get home and I have recorded the Parade we watch our entry. Well they didn't have the narrative they said hey look its Tow Mater from the movie Toy Story. Oh look its all the cars from Toy story. Another announcer says I think thats lightening MC Queen from the Cars movie. Then they proceed to fill in blank air about the eyes looking at them can they see through them. Yes they can cause Bobby answered by shaking his head yes. One announcer said That's a Studebaker boy I think that they are all The Studebaker club. Yeah they only made them for a few years.
    Well I have a meeting set up for Monday with the head of the Parks and Recreation Department, the head of the Parade and the two assistants that I talked to over the past week.
    Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    1950 2 timer
    Orleans,
    sigpicJimmie
    Orange County, Indiana
    1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

It looks like you had a few tense moments but it all worked out. Having the tow truck involved and handy probably even added to the parade. Most probably thought the whole thing was intentional. After your recent loss, I am especially glad all turned out well for the parade.
      quote:Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman

Mabel 1949 Champion
      1957 Silverhawk
      1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
      Gus 1958 Transtar
      1955 President State
      Fresno,Ca
      1950 2 timer
      Orleans,
      sigpicJimmie
      Orange County, Indiana
      1950 CHAMPION -ORANGE COUNTY, INDIANA

Comment

Geez-O-Pete!!![8]

Miscreant adrift in
        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
        1960 Larkvertible V8
        1958 Provincial wagon
        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Geez-O-Pete!!![8]

Miscreant adrift in
          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
          1960 Larkvertible V8
          1958 Provincial wagon
          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Saved by a TRANSTAR!, ya gotta like it.

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>

Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander

Comment

Saved by a TRANSTAR!, ya gotta like it.

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar