• Show
Clear All

• Decoding Production order....

Click image for larger version

Name:	2416_001 - Copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1750724
    58 Transtar, V8 Auto, TT, Electric Wipers, Climatizer....
    What's the rest mean?

It does have overload springs and is a longer box than my 2R5

It had turn signals, but I don't think I'll keep them. Too Ugly for me.

The 'C4' Deluxe Cab means you get a few extras over the 'C2' Standard Cab, including RH armrest, RH sunvisor, exterior sunshields, ashtray, extra-padded seat, etc.

Craig

Comment

With the 122" WB, it will have come with the 8' bed. And with the C4 deluxe package, I think it should have the chrome insert in the front of the hood and the word Deluxe on the doors. Are the turn signals are mounted on the front fenders and side of the bed? Beginning in 1959, the signals could have been wired into the parking lights mounted in the grille and into the standard tail lamps. But those lamps front parking/signal lamps are hard to find.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

yes to all.... It has the Deluxe Cab options and the 8' bed and Transtar deluxe on the doors as well. of course I'm ditching the turn signals on the front fenders, but that's about all. I'll probably do the '59 grille turn lights if I can.

What's the 2753 in Climatizer? is that just the standard Climatizer for the day?

anybody got a line on where the dealership would have been, or the method of shipment?

Comment

AC-2753 is the 2E-series heater system. I believe it is essentially identical to the AC-2860 heaters used in the 3E series. The company had some kind of truck heater crisis in 58-59. For some reason (can't remember the details -- a strike at the supplier?) they couldn't get the standard heater kits that they had been using since 1953, and switched to a completely different design from a different company. The earlier ones were painted tan and the later ones were painted green. In the interim, they used up the supply of AC-2753 units that were packaged up for dealer installations. The heater box on your truck should be tan and the fan motor should be mounted on the fender apron.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

I have this heater for sale
            Reenable offers accepted.

Robert Kapteyn
            studebaker@mac.com

Comment

anybody got a line on where the dealership would have been, or the method of shipment?

Comment

Working...
              X