Studebaker the Car of the Year 1964

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker the Car of the Year 1964

Track and Traffic - Feb 1964. With lead time etc I wonder if this decision was made by the editors before or after the announcement was made by Studebaker to move all production from South Bend to Hamilton?

Click image for larger version

Name:	track n traffic car of year copy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1750219Click image for larger version

Name:	track traffic 1964.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	1750220
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Track & Traffic magazine was always extremely favorable toward Studebaker; even before moving production to Canada.

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
      Track and Traffic - Feb 1964. With lead time etc I wonder if this decision was made by the editors before or after the announcement was made by Studebaker to move all production from South Bend to Hamilton?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50679[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]50680[/ATTACH]
      The Car if the Year decision was made well before the infamous closing decision was made, actually in late August of 1963. The trophy you picture here ended up in my personal memorabilia collection in June of 1966 and I donated it to the Studebaker National Museum a few years ago, along with other items, and it can be viewed there by visitors. In addition, all Canadian Studebaker dealers received framed certificates featuring the Car of the Year Award. I also donated one of those to the Museum as well, however I still have one in my collection.

Stu Chapman
      Last edited by Stu Chapman; 01-15-2016, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Nice to see them featuring the new Talisman Resort which opened in '63 pictured with one of the new model line which began to be built in '63. -- Donna

Comment

Working...
        X