No announcement yet.

Wagonaire owners unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The reason the Pinto's aren't on that list and insured was because there aren't that many that survived the fires upon impact! REMEMBER? It's only one insurance company. What if I asked JC Taylor how many wagons they insured? My '64 would be there and I'm sure there would be other Stude wagons. As for their top 10?????? Who knows?
    Rob in PA.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
      True, Seb; but again, they are just reporting how many of each model station wagon they have insured, regardless of original popularity, current popularity, or survival rate. There can't be very many Pinto wagon survivors, especially a specialty wagon like that cute Cruising Wagon you've shown. BP
      I see now..

So only 30 more Wagonaire owners, and the Studebaker will make the Hagerty list!

Come on folks!

Comment

Originally posted by stude1964 View Post
        The reason the Pinto's aren't on that list and insured was because there aren't that many that survived the fires upon impact!
        As I recall, Pinto station wagons were not affected by that.

Too bad that 'Cruisin Wagon' package didn't arrive six years earlier before they got those ugly bumpers on them.

Craig

Comment

When I was just out of college, the TV station I worked for had Pinto Crusin' Wagons as news cars. They were orange with factory stripe delete but station added blue/green and orange stripes with blue letter.

My, they were bright.

If the Hagerty piece is based on the cars they insure, remember that will alter any findings. They're a fairly expensive (the most expensive I received quotes from) company so many lesser expensive cars will be insured by other firms.
          63 Avanti R1 2788
          1914 Stutz Bearcat
          (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Wondering where the Mopars are, too. I'd take a 383, 318 (poly or LA) or slant six any day over any GM powerplant. Ditto with torsion bar suspension and Torqueflite trans over GM counterparts.

Comment

Working...
            X