Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Price of any recent sales of Studebaker goat wagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of any recent sales of Studebaker goat wagon?

I have an opportunity to purchase a goat wagon that I believe is a Studebaker. I remember seeing one or two sold in the last ten years, but don't remember the price. Anyone remember?

Thanks Mark

Big difference if original or reproduction. I have seen people asking $1500 or more for original ones, but have no idea if they ever sold and if so, for how much.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

My WAG is $100-$500 for a repro and $500-$1500 for an original, depending on condition, completeness, etc.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

There was a real nice original one in Dover last year and the price was $1800 , don't think it sold there .
        sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

The one I purchased yesterday has been hanging in a restaurant (BBQ ribs western motive) for 12+ years and they are changing the look and feel of the restaurant. The wagon was restored about 5 years ago and has not been played with in years before that. All I need to do is get the Studebaker Junior painted back on it. Thanks for the guidance.

Mark

Comment

I saw a nice original one sell for $475 and a junky original one sell for $1500. It all depends on condition, those interested at the time, the demand, location and economy

Comment

A new reproduction is $750 and worth every penny from this fellow (photo courtesy of our own Richard Quinn):

Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker Junior Wagon address.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	1701751
              Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
              K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Theodore Roosevelt's kids had one they played with on the Long Island estate. Sagamore Hill.
                Wonder if that wagon survived?
                If so, wow, what a price that would fetch!
                sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

I don't have his address, but SDC member and Studebaker "toy" expert Jim Geary comes to mind as an expert on such things. I believe he now lives somewhere near Waynesville in western N.C. Perhaps, someone with a current roster could look him up and private message you his phone number.

Here is "My" version of a functional "Goat Wagon." I found it at a local flower nursery where it had been used (and abused), broken down, and finally as a static display because of a bent axle and useless for much of anything else. I gave the owner twenty bucks for it, loaded it in the back of my Studebaker truck and hauled it home. I made a new axle for it, replaced the rotten plywood bottom with expanded metal mesh, repaired the wooden side planks, and (for obvious reasons) put a top on it. It is the best "Goat Hay Feeder" I've ever had. My two little pygmy goats (Belle & Star) love eating their (expensive) alfalfa hay from it, jumping on it, and often taking naps on the top.

If I had a true Studebaker wagon, these two wouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	197.5 KB
ID:	1701752 Click image for larger version

Name:	011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	173.1 KB
ID:	1701753
                  John Clary
                  Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975