Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who should I call for exhaust

Hi guys,

Where can I find NOS or reproduced original type exhaust and muffler and accessory chrome tip for a 1965 commander v-8? I don't have the original exhaust to use as a template. I'd like NOS if possible. I'd also like to stick with our vendors. Thanks.

Nate

Don Simmons @ Silvertone Exhaust
    "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
    their Memorials!

Comment

I have been using Parks Pipes for many years. Heavy wall steel pipes. Not stainless, but will outlast me. My '61 hardtop has a set of Parks Pipes I installed 12 years ago with no hint of deterioration.
      Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 11-16-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Ragtop View Post
        Don Simmons @ Silvertone Exhaust
        Don announced he will no longer be vending at Reedsville or York; and I also heard he was selling the business because his trailer rusted out. Truth or fiction?
        Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Will I lose points for dual exhaust on a 65 commander at the international meet?

Comment

You will if your in the stock decision but not in modified
            sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Nate, I'm not sure off hand but will check if I have any pipes You'd need "as I have numerous n.o.s. pipes".

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
              Hi guys,

Where can I find NOS or reproduced original type exhaust and muffler and accessory chrome tip for a 1965 commander v-8? I don't have the original exhaust to use as a template. I'd like NOS if possible. I'd also like to stick with our vendors. Thanks.

Nate
              Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Thank you joe. Send me a pm with what you find.

Comment

The Chrome "Tip" you are looking for cannot be bought, you will need to have one Custom Made.

Stock and correct Tail Pipes for '59 to '66 Larks and Lark Types all tuck up above the Bumper and curve down, then are cut level with the ground on the curve.
                  They can be painted Silver to look nice or trimmed back and a Custom Made Curve down outlet made and welded on.

There was a Rare, double curved Chrome Tail Pipe Extension sold by Studebaker as an Accessory but is now made of UNOBTAINIUM!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Rear.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	1701538 Like this, and this: Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell's Jet Green Cruiser3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1701539

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stratto Blue Cruiser4.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	1701540 NOT this!
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 11-15-2015, 07:55 PM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bought two dual exhaust systems from Parks Pipes. Fit very well on both cars a 1957 Packard wagon and a 1965 Wagonaire. Had to use drivers side down pipe from a Chevy powered V8 Avanti to clear steering gear/pitman arm. And used short version oil filter.
                    sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
                    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
                    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

Studebakers West had NOS crossover, y-pipe and exhaust pipe for my single exhaust '55 sedan. Carl Thoms said the tail pipes rust out faster and thy did not have NOS tail pipes left. Everything back to the muffler including shipping was $182.

Charlie D.

Comment

Thanks guys. StudeRich, my exhaust currently is similar to your last photo and not correct. I'll make some calls if joe doesn't have any pipes. Thanks.

Comment

Mary at Parks Pipes was fabulous to deal with ("just send me a check AFTER you receive all the pipes and mufflers")was all she said. She has her nephew reproduce from original factory dies I believe. Perfect was fit on my '57 Packard wagon.
                          Good luck,
                          Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker1965 View Post
                            Thanks guys. StudeRich, my exhaust currently is similar to your last photo and not correct. I'll make some calls if joe doesn't have any pipes. Thanks.
                            Well if you want them straight back like just ANY Old Car, you can't order the Correct Tail Pipes as the rear Foot and a Half will probably be correct, and wrong for you.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

my experience with Mary at Parks Pipes was the same as Buzzards. Great people, great parts.
                              sigpic
                              JohnP, driving & reviving
                              60 Lark & 58 Scotsman 4dr

Comment

Working...
                              X