1960 Lark Convertible on CL - White w/Black Int V8 Auto Twin Traction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Lark Convertible on CL - White w/Black Int V8 Auto Twin Traction

This is my 1960 Lark Convertible I have listed on Craigslist.

Car is very rough. Might be best as a parts car. Was originally a V8 Automatic with Twin Traction in white with two-tone black and white interior. Motor and transmission are gone. Top mechanism and rear end are there. Lots of trim comes with the car. Front fenders, hood, trunk lid, and both bumpers are all useable. Possibly the doors as well. Or restore it.

Asking $1000. Make me a reasonable offer knowing the value of all of the parts.

Thanks!
    Lance

Restoring this car would only make sense if it has some very unusual history. Even then the extra reinforcements inboard of the rockers aren't being reproduced & would need a solid example to pattern them off of. That has to be one of the very worst examples of floor rust I personally have seen. One can only imagine the condition of the frame. Most likely the only part of it that could be possibly reused is the "X" member.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

I think it's best fate would be as a donor similar to this incredible '59 Plymouth Sport Fury project on the H.A.M.B.:
      ~Matt Connor
      '59 Lark 2-door

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
        Restoring this car would only make sense if it has some very unusual history. Even then the extra reinforcements inboard of the rockers aren't being reproduced & would need a solid example to pattern them off of. That has to be one of the very worst examples of floor rust I personally have seen. One can only imagine the condition of the frame. Most likely the only part of it that could be possibly reused is the "X" member.
        I hear what you're saying but Classic Enterprises sells alot of the floor pieces that are needed. The frame looks good from everything I could see.

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
          I looked at a red one in TN several years ago that was much worse and was saved. It is a very nice car now. This one is above my abilities but I still think it can be saved. I agree that it would be cost prohibitive to build a show car but not all old cars need to become show cars. This one could make a nice driver in the right hands. Steve
          sigpic

Comment

That's too bad, it looks like it sat under a Tree for about 20 years, and the leaves on the Trunk lid rusted it through, not to mention the Trunk Floor, Gas Tank and Frame.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner
            SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I would be interested in the X member if you do part out the car...

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut View Post
                I think it's best fate would be as a donor similar to this incredible '59 Plymouth Sport Fury project on the H.A.M.B.:
                http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/i...hreads/779564/
                I read through the entire thread and am blown away at his level of skill. I cant believe that what he started with resulted in what he had in the end. Amazing work and possibly the worst candidate for restoration. I have never seen a car in such poor condition restored to such high standards.... amazing

Comment

Originally posted by dirt.boy View Post
                  You can buy the whole car and sell off the rest and get your $$ back. Lots of desirable hard to find parts here.

Comment

Still got it. Make me an offer.

Comment

Originally posted by dirt.boy View Post
                      I have an "X" member from a slide top wagon but it is in California, sure would be nice if the forum required members to state where they live and a last name, with out that info it makes it a little hard to know if they might be able to help out with large parts.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

Originally posted by lasmith03 View Post
                        How bad is the frame on that car? I have battled with myself about this one http://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5405716092.html linked earlier in another thread but seems between the two cars one should be able to build a super nice car reasonably. steve
                        sigpic

Comment

What did studebaker use as the base for the convert. Frame, body, etc. Was it all two dr or did they do like Gm and mix two dr sheet metal to a 4 dr frame and floor pan?

Comment

Working...
                          X