No announcement yet.

1953 Commander Coupe Trunk Emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, so where do I look on the rear crossmember for the matching number?
    The holes on the trunk are at almost a 45 degree angle. The V with the 8 does not look that steep. The new tristar I have almost fits. The top holes are about 3/8 inch too low.
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

As has been pointed out multiple times, I think, the Vernon '53s kept the tri-star and 8 throughout the whole production run. My Vernon '53 Starliner has it and it was produced in the summer of '53.

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
      The "Tri-star" on the hood should be chrome, and as Bob said, were early production '53 only. That's incidental.
      I agree with Bob. I've never replaced the later '53-'55 deck emblem but suspect--from the location of the holes in your picture--the rear deck is from one of the later models and would accept the "V" and "8" combination (not my experience, mind you). If so, both pieces are available NOS from SI.

Comment

Originally posted by handworn View Post
        As has been pointed out multiple times, I think, the Vernon '53s kept the tri-star and 8 throughout the whole production run. My Vernon '53 Starliner has it and it was produced in the summer of '53.
        Yes, see my post number 8 on this thread/topic.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have a 54 Canadian Champion 4 door sedan and the trunk was originally stamped with the holes for the V8 and the six (S) the non required holes were filled and not visible from the outside only small pins were visible from the inside. They made the trunk lids for both applications the same as the firewalls. The floor was also stamped for an automatic dip stick.

Comment

Working...
          X