No announcement yet.

Finally, I'm a Studebaker Owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, GREAT LOOKING Hawk.......Have fun with it!

Comment

The first thing I thought of when looking at your pictures was "Man, look at that beautiful deep purplish color!" It's quite the head turner.

Comment

Nice HawK. It's COOL in more ways than One, with that Factory Air!

I remember this one now it's the one with a New, original, '64 GT Red Cloth NOS Interior!

I never could "get it" as to why people would take out a good looking, easy to get in and out of the seat, Oval Steering Wheel and replace it with an also good looking one, but fat and round and usually with no way to connect the horn.
        I see NO advantage. It looks good, but no better than original.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Congratulations on getting a beautiful car, persistence paid off for you.

Comment

Very Pretty GT, I'd be proud too.
            101st Airborne Div. 326 Engineers Ft Campbell Ky.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
              Nice HawK. It's COOL in more ways than One, with that Factory Air!

I remember this one now it's the one with a New, original, '64 GT Red Cloth NOS Interior!

I never could "get it" as to why people would take out a good looking, easy to get in and out of the seat, Oval Steering Wheel and replace it with an also good looking one, but fat and round and usually with no way to connect the horn.
              I see NO advantage. It looks good, but no better than original.
              I agree that I would have been happier with the original steering wheel and interior style but I have to admit this steering wheel feels very nice and the horn works!

Comment

Thanks for all of your comments and accolades all. Happy to be a Studebaker owner, that's for sure!

Comment

Kato I like the looks of the steering wheel myself. Looks like it was made to be there. Very nice car and IMHO. the GT Hawks are the best looking cars Studebaker made.

Comment

Wow, she's a beaut!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                      After almost a year of negotiations, hesitance, more negotiations, finally I bought this 62 GT. Lot's of mechanical and safety upgrades such as Turner brakes etc.. just needs some detailing and things like door and window adjustments but so far I am thrilled to own this car! It has it's original 289 which has been rebuilt but he added an aluminum manifold and Holley carb, it goes pretty good but is running very rich. I'll have lots of mechanical questions in the near future!
                      GT Hawks always were nice looking cars. The only thing that I would do is ditch the Holly for an original AFB or 500 CFM Edelbrock. Much simpler and much better on gas mileage..

Comment

Originally posted by GrumpyOne View Post
                        GT Hawks always were nice looking cars. The only thing that I would do is ditch the Holly for an original AFB or 500 CFM Edelbrock. Much simpler and much better on gas mileage..
                        Yes I am not so sure about the Holly either. It is definitely running rich and a lumpy idle but when you stand on it.. it goes! Something to tinker and experiment with, just like I wanted!

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the nice comments and congrats! I look forward to future Studebaker events and meeting some of you not as an observer any longer but as a fellow owner! Two things I have found about Studebaker, cool cars and very nice people who own them! Cheers!

Comment

Welcome! The 62GT is a favorite of mine. I have one I bought in 1985, with 82,000 showing. I have since put another 298,000 miles on it, and it just gets better and better. I am sure you will love yours, once you get any bugs ironed out

Comment

Well bought, congratulations! The depth of that colour combined with the strong horizontal lines yet the deep compound curves, that car just visually "pops"! Here's wishing you many happy years with her.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                                Welcome! The 62GT is a favorite of mine. I have one I bought in 1985, with 82,000 showing. I have since put another 298,000 miles on it, and it just gets better and better. I am sure you will love yours, once you get any bugs ironed out
                                Wow, 298000 miles! That is incredible and a testament to how strong these Studes are! Mine has 85000 miles so I have a ways to go! You are right in that there are some bugs to iron out but that is part of the fun isn't it? In spite of the bugs I am LOVIN' IT already! Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Working...
                                X