wifes new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wifes new car

I have been looking for a nice car for my wife and finally got it. When we went to look at it she just said I could drive that! It arrived today. It is an R2 car with supercharger traded for air conditioner. It will be fun to figure what all I have as it was once totaled on a palm tree and rebuilt. R4935

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2950.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	1747015Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2833.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	1747016

When was the accident? was a lady killed? if so I might know the past owner.
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Comment

I like the 64 Claret interior
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
        When was the accident? was a lady killed? if so I might know the past owner.
        Yes it was a fatal accident in 1970. Paperwork with the car indicates it has been around the southwest after being in Florida.
        Rob

Comment

Originally posted by mapman View Post
          Yes it was a fatal accident in 1970. Paperwork with the car indicates it has been around the southwest after being in Florida.
          Rob
          Must not be the same one but it was about that time a friend who worked at Ben Begier Studebaker in San Leandro and moved to Idaho about that time where his wife was killed in her Avanti, not sure what happened to the Avanti but after a few years he got back into Studebaker's and did a lot of repair work to them there in Idaho he passed away in early 2006 his name was Garth Wilson.
          Candbstudebakers
          Castro Valley,
          California

Comment

The previous owner bought this in California in 2000. It was Herb Shriners car and he and his wife were killed in the accident.
            Rob

Comment

Working...
            X