Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOVE it or HATE it? (New Member, First post)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a pic of the 64 wheel covers? The car came with like 6 sets of wheel covers...bound to be some 64s in there!

Comment

Mods such as this hearken back to the days of old school street rodding. Like P38 aircraft wheels on '38 Ford Roadsters.
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I haven't seen a wheel like those before, very unusual. I just like them because they are so different.

Comment

Call me old fashioned (I don't care), but I'm not a fan of the wheels. Its your car, Do it how you like it.
          sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

well, one thing is for sure, if you go to an all stude show you will always know which one is yours!
            61 lark cruiser
            64 daytona 2dr hardtop

Comment

Your car, your choice. Only have to please yourself ...and almost everyone else would have something different as their first choice ...but then you are not them.
              The rims remind me of 1920's Studebaker Big Six artillery wheels. Think they would look a bit better if they either matched the body color or boldly accented it ...but then that's just me.

Comment

The only thing that really matters is that you like them. That said, to me their very proportions draw attention away from the Hawk's beautiful lines.

Comment

The all white looks to plane Jane on the white car and so the picture does not really show the shape of the rims, in the pictures they look flat but I know they are not since I have a set of 5 that use the same center cap but also have a a stainless outer ring and slots around the center area, color the wheels might show better just my 2 cents worth.
                  Candbstudebakers
                  Castro Valley,
                  California

Comment

I like the last picture very much, would love to have a set of tires much like that. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L car! Welcome to the madness.
                    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                    Ron Smith
                    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

I REALLY dig those wheels. I think it makes the car stand out. I like the color as it compliments the car nicely. Your car will leap out at the car shows. Anyone can drive a stock looking 63 GT. Yours looks like it has taken on a flashy portion of your personality. Great choice.
                      Did I already say how much I love them? Oh yeah, I did. I really love them.
                      sals54

Comment

To each His or Her own I guess, but not something I would want on my car.
                        My problem with them is Wheels and Tires need to contrast with the Car, these Blend with it way too much. A different Color might have worked better.

With the Tiny Hub Caps and way too Low tires, the wheels look too Big.

Also the "Rubber Band" Tires do not work on a classic Car.

If you were looking to make a totally stock looking Car look very "Different', you probably nailed it.

Here is yer '64 Wheel Covers on a
                        Light Colored Car like yours:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	64 White W Black R2 Auto1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1696888 And on a darker Color: Click image for larger version

Name:	64 R2 Red5.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	134.4 KB
ID:	1696889
                        Last edited by StudeRich; 05-18-2015, 10:40 PM.
                        StudeRich
                        Second Generation Stude Driver,
                        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

You have a very "correct" '63 there, not so easy to find. Verrry nice- although I declare my bias as I have a 63 also! If you are not going with the stock wheel trims, perhaps some "period correct" torquestar/Cragar chromies after- market mag wheels from the 60's would show it off better, as opposed to those "Starship Enterprise" discs? sincerely, Dr Spock.

Comment

I like them because anything is better than the stock BORING wheel covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby63_GT_Hawk View Post
                              Do you have a pic of the 64 wheel covers? The car came with like 6 sets of wheel covers...bound to be some 64s in there!
                              Some photos here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...=hawk+favorite

and here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ht=2010+photos

Craig

Comment

Like the wheels on your car!! More than anything else because it will pee some people off.Kinda like putting a flathead in a Camaro.Your money, your ride! Drive the wheels off of her and have a blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X