47 to 52 Bullet nose Starlight Coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 to 52 Bullet nose Starlight Coupe

I have finally finished my project after 9 hard years. It came out of a field in New Mexico after setting there for 20 some years with no glass in it. It was almost rust free and all the under carriage, frame and floor pans were perfect. All the screws and bolts came out easy. It even had the original rocker panels that were damaged but no rust on them. It got a total frame off and rotisserie restoration. The only thing that needs to be better is the rear glass. The 4 piece back glass is scratched and I am looking for a set of glass with out scratches. Is anybody out there hiding a nice set they would be willing to part with? I would appreciate any help I could get. Please email me if you have any information.
    "SAVED ANOTHER ONE"
    tommills@earthlink.net
    Thanks,Tom Mills

Why not buy new ? He has it in clear, tinted, even gold tint.

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54,758.75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,439.30
    63 Lark 2 door
    52 Starliner
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

JDP/Maryland
      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
      spent to date $54,758.75
      64 R2 GT (Sid)
      spent to date $62,439.30
      63 Lark 2 door
      52 Starliner
      51 Commander
      39 Coupe express
      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

Congratulations! [^]

The glass is being reproduced.

It must be nice to find a car in that condition under those circumstances. There wouldn't be any car left if it was out like that here in Georgia!

BTW, no pictures!?

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Congratulations! [^]

The glass is being reproduced.

It must be nice to find a car in that condition under those circumstances. There wouldn't be any car left if it was out like that here in Georgia!

BTW, no pictures!?

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I tried the a/m glass already. It doesn't fit. The front pieces are not curved right and the left rear center is way out of shape. They go in, barley, but you can't get the w/seals to lay on the body where hey belong with the incorrect curve of the glass, and the left rear wouldn't hardly go in at all. They were awful. I own a body shop for 35 years and have done a lot of glass work. So far the a/market glass for this car just won't get it. The original glass fits nice so the body and new w/seals are fine. Thanks for your input. Tom

Comment

I tried the a/m glass already. It doesn't fit. The front pieces are not curved right and the left rear center is way out of shape. They go in, barley, but you can't get the w/seals to lay on the body where hey belong with the incorrect curve of the glass, and the left rear wouldn't hardly go in at all. They were awful. I own a body shop for 35 years and have done a lot of glass work. So far the a/market glass for this car just won't get it. The original glass fits nice so the body and new w/seals are fine. Thanks for your input. Tom

Comment

I forgot, maybe the best part, It is back home in South Bend. Well almost, Mishawaka Indiana /Edwardsurg Michigan area. It sure gets a lot of looks.

Comment

I forgot, maybe the best part, It is back home in South Bend. Well almost, Mishawaka Indiana /Edwardsurg Michigan area. It sure gets a lot of looks.

Comment

Bob must have pulled it from his website, I don't see any 4 piece rear Starlight Coupe glass at all! That's a good thing if it's no good!

quote:Originally posted by JDP

StudeRich
                    Studebakers Northwest
                    Ferndale, WA
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Bob must have pulled it from his website, I don't see any 4 piece rear Starlight Coupe glass at all! That's a good thing if it's no good!

quote:Originally posted by JDP

StudeRich
                      Studebakers Northwest
                      Ferndale, WA
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I didn't buy it from Bob but it looks like all the a/m glass for this application that the various dealers have all comes from the same importer

Comment

I didn't buy it from Bob but it looks like all the a/m glass for this application that the various dealers have all comes from the same importer

Comment

Working...
                          X