Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StudeDave57
    replied
    That would be a question for your Zone Officers Scott.
    But honestly- I don't know that I would go so far to say that Chapters have 'boundaries'. I know lots of folks who belong to multiple Chapters locally and beyond. For example- there was a time when I belonged to four different Chapters in three States!!!

StudeDave '57

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Is there a map that roughly shows the geographic boundaries of each SDC chapter? I know some members live far away from the chapter they belong to, but I am assuming there are still generally recognized boundaries for most if not all chapters.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Thanks StudeDave57! If nothing else I'll learn some new things about the club.

Leave a comment:

• StudeDave57
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    I believe James Bell is your zone contact. He goes by 'Bellingham Studenut' here on the Forum. Craig
    James is the Can-Am Zone Director, yes.
    But I don't believe he would be your First point of contact though.
    This link shows who your Regional manager and your Zone Coordinator are~

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/zonecontacts.asp

They can provide you with membership information in your area, and contacts for same.
    I'd start with them (and Leigh as mentioned above) before jumping all the way to the top.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Also, I'm pretty sure (I could be wrong) that the Yreka area and maybe Shasta are not within any chapter. If they are they must be maybe 100 miles away from where most activity probably takes place (like Redding).

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    I believe James Bell is your zone contact. He goes by 'Bellingham Studenut' here on the Forum.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    I believe that the required minimum number is five SDC members.
    Contact the person entrusted with chapter chartering, Leigh Morris. Contact information is on page 3 of every Turning Wheels.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    OK. Thanks.
    Actually, there are 6 in Oregon, but three or four of them are within 150 miles of Portland. The one down here (Southern Oregon) covers a huge chunk of land that I believe covers an area from the Pacific coast to at least 180 miles inland and across at least 2 mountain ranges. Yes, mountains are still an impediment to travel where you don't have major interstates cutting through them. All we have is I-5 going north and south. There are also other reasons I am wondering about it.

Leave a comment:

• Stu Chapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    How many people does it take to form a chapter and what are the steps?
    Scott, I would suggest that the first step would be to communicate with your Regional Manager, Zone Coordinator and National Director.

Stu Chapman

Leave a comment:

• Commander Eddie
    replied
    Scott,
    If you are inquiring in the hopes of starting a new chapter, keep in mind there are already 5 chapters here in Oregon. That being said, you may be able to get what you need from the SDC Website. Click on "Resources" then scroll down and select "New Chapter Chartering".

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    started a topic How is a SDC chapter formed?

How is a SDC chapter formed?

How many people does it take to form a chapter and what are the steps?
Working...
X