Turquoise Avanti upholstery or vinyl at York

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turquoise Avanti upholstery or vinyl at York

Anybody going to York that has any turquoise vinyl yardage, panels or upholstery for the Avanti?

Still looking

Comment

I guess by now you do know that correct Turquoise is THE hardest to find of the Avanti Vinyl's. There has been Fawn Beige and Maroon even Elk for years at the Avanti Parts Vendors, but the Tangerine and Turquoise has for the most part been gone for years.

I suppose you could always hope that someone had a stash in the bedroom closet for 30 years and it may become available, but there is also a chance you or I could win the lottery!
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Oh, I know it's a long shot but I'll bet there is some out there somewhere. As far as a stash, it bought some yardage 30 yrs ago but it will be marginal on the amount needed. I never figured I would need more than enough to just do the seats. I need to do sail panel, tops of doors etc .

Comment

Mr. Bove,
          Decades ago I purchased new interior and carpeting from a gentleman from Valparaiso. I don't recall his name, but he sold Stewart Warner gauges (new) at the swap meets.Someone on the forum may recall him, or SW may have records on him.. Best regards as always.
          sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

Originally posted by grobb284 View Post
            Mr. Bove,
            Decades ago I purchased new interior and carpeting from a gentleman from Valparaiso. I don't recall his name, but he sold Stewart Warner gauges (new) at the swap meets.Someone on the forum may recall him, or SW may have records on him.. Best regards as always.
            Gene, are you thinking of She Bear Enterprise?

Comment

That may be it. Did they sell SW gages?
              I am sure about Valaparaiso.
              sigpic 1963 Studebaker Avanti: LS1 motor and T-56 transmission have been moved rearward, set up as a two seat coupe with independent rear suspension. Complex solutions for nonexistant problems.

Comment

If you can find the SDC member that broke into my garage you can probably have a complete set of NOS Avanti turquoise upholstery. This included door panels, dash pad, roll bar cover, headliner and carpet. This low life cleaned me out including a new complete supercharger with all brackets and hoses still in the original wood box from Granitelli. This person or persons knew exactly what they were doing, taking only the good stuff and leaving everything else scattered around the garage. They also took 2 complete engines, speedometers, tachometers, fenders, bumpers and much more.

Comment

Originally posted by LStratton View Post
                  If you can find the SDC member that broke into my garage you can probably have a complete set of NOS Avanti turquoise upholstery. This included door panels, dash pad, roll bar cover, headliner and carpet. This low life cleaned me out including a new complete supercharger with all brackets and hoses still in the original wood box from Granitelli. This person or persons knew exactly what they were doing, taking only the good stuff and leaving everything else scattered around the garage. They also took 2 complete engines, speedometers, tachometers, fenders, bumpers and much more.
                  Wow! That's crazy! How long ago did this happen? Was all that upholstery ear marked for your car?

Comment

Working...
                  X