Help, Pictures needed Front Body Mount/Lower Cowl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Pictures needed Front Body Mount/Lower Cowl

Restoring a 1948 Champion Convertible. The 2 front body mounts, any shields, inner rocker/sill reinforcement and other reinforcement pieces were heavily corroded and gone. I am looking for pictures of the lower right/left sides of where the body mounts bolt to the transmission crossmember. Can anyone share pictures of these 2 areas?

Look over this thread, it may help: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...044#post721044

Comment

That thread helps & gives me a really good idea, but, I would like to see some real world pictures. The more the better. Also, does anyone know who makes the reinforcement pieces. I have the outer rockers and the front body mount. I need the inner rocker, the 2 filler pieces that go from the floor to the flange of the rocker, there is another filler pieces that goes front to back then the last pieces are the inner reinforcements. Been looking and calling vendors and even got the Studebaker body/parts catalog and these pieces aren't listed.

Comment

Maybe what you are looking for.

Brad Johnson,
        SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
        '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Already been there rockne10. Ordered floor pans, front body mounts and rockers from Classic. Great place. Great parts.

Comment

This '51 Champion convertible spent most of its life in Minnesota so has been rebuilt. Here are two photos taken quickly this morning of the right side. Second is looking back past the tire and the first is looking up at the mount.

If pictures of this car can help you, more ( and better ) pictures can be taken.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Champ51; 01-24-2015, 05:08 AM. Reason: Couldn't add pictures from tablet

Comment

Thanks for those pictures. They help out. What kind of nut is used for the 2 bolts for the transmission crossmember. It looks like once everything is in place, there isn't any access to the nut on the inside of the front body mount.

Comment

Working...
              X