Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milton Motors Studebaker dealership

Hello,

Would anyone have any info or pictures on Milton Motors Oakland, California. They were apparently a dealership for Hudsons in the 50's and later Studebakers and English Fords in the late 50's to mid 60's.

Thanks,

Pete

Only thing I have (so far) is
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thanks, Bob. Helpful info.

Comment

My 1963 Standard came from Milton motors in Oakland, but only thing I might still have would be a business car that came with the car, but have not seen it in a long time, ....Bob
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

The dealer I remember in that area was on Fruitvale (I think) in San Leandro; became a Buick dealer, but kept selling parts and servicing Studes well into the seventies.
          Gene Nagle
          1963 Hawk R1
          1985 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by HawkGT View Post
            The dealer I remember in that area was on Fruitvale (I think) in San Leandro; became a Buick dealer, but kept selling parts and servicing Studes well into the seventies.
            That dealer was Ben Begier in San Leandro. I was in their shop a number of times in the late '60s and early '70s and it was full of customer Studebakers.
            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by peteleo View Post
              Hello,

Would anyone have any info or pictures on Milton Motors Oakland, California. They were apparently a dealership for Hudsons in the 50's and later Studebakers and English Fords in the late 50's to mid 60's.

Thanks,

Pete
              I used to buy parts from them in '69 - '71. My memory isn't great, but I think they were just a store front operation a little to the east of downtown Oakland by then only selling parts. I think Mr and Mrs Milton operated the store and were the only people involved. I think they were rather elderly then.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
              X