Information on Avanti 63R3995

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information on Avanti 63R3995

I have been unable to find Avanti 63R3995 in the registry. Does anyone have information on this car? Thanks.

Have you found the car?
    64 GT Hawk (K7)
    1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Yes, but not its history.

Comment

Well, now we have something for the registry/Survivor List. Where is it? Who owns it? any pics?

thx
        64 GT Hawk (K7)
        1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

So, you bought it. How is it? Was it worth the price? Pics?

Comment

R2 R-3995 - In 2002, the car belonged to Tom Tetzlaff, Cherry Valley, CA - AOAI 2002 Roster

In 2007 it disappeared from the roster..
            Last edited by 64V-K7; 11-30-2014, 03:30 PM. Reason: more info
            64 GT Hawk (K7)
            1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

Thank you for the information. The car is for sale in rather shabby condition. It is no longer supercharged and is owned by a towing company after a lengthy storage. I am considering buying it, but I thought I might find some useful background information here. Here is a link to the car. http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4782835502.html

Comment

Originally posted by GinettaG12P View Post
                Thank you for the information. The car is for sale in rather shabby condition. It is no longer supercharged and is owned by a towing company after a lengthy storage. I am considering buying it, but I thought I might find some useful background information here. Here is a link to the car. http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4782835502.html
                Before you buy it, if it is going close to the asking price, See if the chrome bits are around. The bumpers, headlight rims and glass go for a pretty penny. Between those parts, a paint job and interior work (if necessary), not counting engine and underneath issues, you will go over the value of a good one quickly.

Unless it's available for much less, I'd recommend looking at one in better shape. Bob

Comment

I thought you bought the one that was for sale in Nevada City, a month or so ago.

Comment

If I did not know better, I might say that the Hood and Roof are RUSTING!

Possibly the primer has faded to a Avanti Gold color under it, OR it was parked under a rusty metal roof dripping on it for years!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
                      I thought you bought the one that was for sale in Nevada City, a month or so ago.
                      Nope, somebody wanted it more than I did, so it got away.

Comment

Working...
                      X