No announcement yet.

needed right side 39 taillight 38 passenger side motor trade 39 doghouse parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• needed right side 39 taillight 38 passenger side motor trade 39 doghouse parts

I have a 39 president coupe Im putting a 38 commander doghouse on I have to change the frame for a 116in wheelbase from the 122in probably use a 47 chevy frame don't want to cut and splice
    anyway I have 39 president doghouse parts drivers side fender wrecked most every thing else ok will trade some parts for 39 rt side president tail light and 38 commander passenger side lower hood/
    motor skirt also have 38 commander glovebox door thx

1939 presidents coupes are very rare. You should fix the fender and keep the body original.

Comment

The front fenders of the 1939 President are longer to accommodate the longer 8 cylinder straight engine.
      The way you sound it looks like you want to put a chubby engine or something shorter in. From your post it is hard to figure out what you need.
      Do you need the 1939 tail light bucket or just the rim and lens?

Please do not butcher a 1939 President coupe.
      These are rare cars.
      Robert Kapteyn

Comment

I have a tail light trim nos and or a complete tail light assembly from a 39 commander. I need a nice driver side grill if you have.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I need to clarify I need a rear taillight right side lense and bezel for a 39 president I also need the motor cover passenger side for the 38 commander coupe doghouse also I understand the rarity of the 39 president coupe 8205 made but I have a brand new grill nice fenders with cathedral headlights lenses and bezels and nice hood I also prefer the stuby look of the dog house and the thirty eight grill ergo thirtyeightandahalf but maybe it would help to hear my story
          It all started on craigs list I answered an ad for 1938 commander so I called THEN went to see it and I fell in love with it . so I searched every where to find a car to put it on with no luck I bought a few hoping to adapt the dog house to it in the meantime I found a nos grill on ebay rejuvenating my interest so then I bided my time hoping to find a Studebaker it would fit hoping for an express coupe yeah good luck so finally I did find the next thing a 39 president coupe of course the wheelbase is to long or I wouldn't change it but the body parts will bolt up and match fine so I don't consider this butchering the president but I will trade 39 president to any one who has a 38 commander coupe and wants to save the president no offense thirtyeightandahalf

Comment

It's your car and money so you can make what you prefer. I just wanted you to know the rarity. I only know of 3 president 39 coupes. Quinn could come up the production figure. But 8205 is way high.

Comment

Production of 1939 President coupes: 525 of which 8 were dual side mounted.
              Richard Quinn
              Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

I have the 1939 tail light lens.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

hi interesting facts where can I get more info I got my #8205 from classic car database car database perhaps that # is total studes for that year I am floored by the rarity this turns my plans upside down need to do more research anyway to find out starting serial # for 39 coupes thx humbled thirtyeight and a half

Comment

hey curious do you have tail light bezel also for the right side ifso how much thx 38.5

Comment

What is your body tag number? It should be 6C Q1 and the number. Somewhere between 1 and 525. Never heard of classic car database.

Comment

If you want more info on your car the museum has the build sheet.

Comment

my body tag is 5CQ1 and the number I don't have the entire serial # couldn't read it all on bottom of the frame believe I got the last 4 so I don't think I can get the build sheet

Comment

5 = 39, c = president, Q = coupe, 1 = not side mounted. Then the number of coupe body produced. Contact Andy at the Stude museum for the production order. There is a fee. They should have it.

Comment

Here is the link. https://studebakermuseum.org/store/p...36-1959_00028/

Comment

Working...
                              X