1961 Champ - T-Cab - 6Es - forum registry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6E5 - 132240 - 112 WB - T4 cab - for sale on Ebay, October 2020

four speed, climitizer, oil filter - lots of aftermarket things.

Info from ad: Studebaker.This is a 1961 Champ truck from NC I got it from a guy who had it for 11 years He had the moter rebuilt about 4 years ago. Put 3000 miles on it and the starter went out.So he parked it the last 5 years. I had the starter rebuilt and carberater rebuilt to. I rebuilt the braks with new rear weel cyl on the back the frounts were new a few yerar befor I got the truck and new rubber lines It startes right up and runs good There is a 3 speed over drive Transmission in it The over drive is hooked to a switch I had to put 4 tires on it and I repainted all the white trim Paint has some deflects It;s a good driver and would not take mucth body work to have it ready for a good paint job I am helping Robert to sell his car and truck .

Comment

• My '61 Champ is rather unique. It's serial number is E5-131451. It was originally sent to, or through, the Campbell dealership in Raleigh, NC. (I had never heard of this dealership) The truck was ordered for the "FLEET STATE OF NC" . The "6152 SHERWOOD GREEN" color fits that the truck was originally used by the North Carolina Forest Service. The green color was discovered when we put new rubber around the back window. The previous owner worked in the NC Forest Service and got it when the state decided to get rid of it. When I bought the truck many years ago the previous owner had painted it what we call in North Carolina, Carolina Blue. He had also put an genuine R1 engine in the truck. It has a three speed transmission with overdrive. The previous owner built it and used it to pull a trailer to events with Studebaker parts for sale. Maybe the most rare part of this truck is its long bed. It was built in March 23, 1961. One great thing down by the previous owner was to put a Lark split front seat. It allows each access to things behind the seat.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

• 6E7-15234 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Ebay, January 2021

Radio, oil filter, climitizer

Info from ad:
        You are bidding on a 1961 Studebaker E7 Champ pick up truck with Deluxe trim and sliding rear window. It has the 122-inch wheelbase and 8-foot bed. It is powered by a 259 V8 engine with a straight three-speed manual transmission. The truck underwent a restoration by the previous owner. Mileage shown is 1,246, but actual mileage unknown. It is fitted with the 1960-style fenders and trim and is being offered with NO RESERVE.

Exterior: The paint and brightwork is in excellent condition with the exception of some minor paint trauma on the hood corners and top of front fenders due to a misaligned hood (see pictures). There is also some chipped paint near the driver's side tail light. The bed has a spray-in bedliner and the rear bumper has non-factory diamond plate installed between the bumper and bed threshold. The driver's side door latch is sticky and does not always latch. As noted earlier, a misaligned hood caused some paint blemishes. The hood and doors could stand some fine tuning for better fit and alignment.
        Interior: The interior is in excellent condition (see pictures). It is fitted with a sliding rear window.
        Mechanical: It sat for a number of years during previous ownership. It runs, drives and stops, but should not be considered roadworthy. Brakes are low/spongy and slightly sticky. Engine runs smoothly but does hesitate when cold. Exhaust system appears new. Video of truck running available by request.
        Structural: The Champ is exceptionally clean and solid underneath (see pictures).

Comment

• 6E7-14407 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Ebay, February 2021

Oil filter, climitizer, lighter, overdrive

Info from ad: Barn find. Needs total restoration. Some serious rust out spots. Interior red vinyl in remarkably good shape. Front bumper missing. I know nothing about the V-8 engine. Break shoes removed but on board. 

Comment

• 6E7-15873 - 112 WB - T6 cab - information from Facebook Champ group

Accessories are listed on the Production Order - nicely equipped. Current owner is the son of the second owner who bought it from the original owner in 1971. They also owned the Studebaker dealership in Sulphur Springs, Texas.

Last edited by 62champ; 02-23-2023, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• E7-15896 - 122 WB - T6 cab - for sale on Craigslist, February 2023

Only factory accessory looks to be overdrive.

Info from the ad: This gem was given to the rescue to help raise money for winter hay. This is definitely a restoration project. The previous owner spent a lot of money on parts and we have all the receipts, he just ran out of time. New radiator, water pump and rebuilt carburetor, brand new windshield and other windows in the cab, new floor pans to be installed, lots of boxes of parts and more. It has a V8 and a 3 speed on the column. Lots more parts in the bed. This truck should have a long bed on it but it has a earlier model short bed, the fenders and more are in there. It has a AZ title. The first $2800 gets it.

Last edited by 62champ; 04-25-2023, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• Post # 140 from 2021 is an interesting Truck, it sounds like the Dealership Owner A. C. Hopper, wanted that Champ for his own, and Drove it from South Bend to Texas.
                I find it interesting that Studebaker would not keep a Sold, prepped for Factory Delivery Truck on their Lot, but sent it to Walker Trucking's Lot until the Customer got there, or until they could service it.

This 6E7-112 has the T6 Deluxe Cab, Overdrive, 4.09 Ratio Rear Axle, a Rear Bumper, Wet Air Cleaner, Oil Filter, Tinted Windshield, W/S Washer, Hill Holder, Climatizer, Bed Mounted Spare, Oversize Tires 7.10X15, Class "B" Turn Signals, and COULD have had a P1 Box, but ordered with a P2 Box.

REALLY Loaded for a Truck!
                6/12/1961 is a late 1961 Model. good time of year for a Road Trip!
                Last edited by StudeRich; 02-23-2023, 01:41 PM.
                StudeRich
                Second Generation Stude Driver,
                Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Working...
                X