Mecum Avanti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecum Avanti

I'm told an 87 Avanti convertible was just sold at Mecum auction; does anyone know selling price? Ken, Deltaville, Va

Mecum Info-net just lists 1 87 convertible and it was sold in Kissimmee FL in Jan 2012 for $15 K. Its quite possible the auction results have not been updated yet. Both the convertibles (87's I think),in the recent Oldham auction went under 10 K, one only having around 22,000 miles.
    sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Within the last week, sold for $14,500.

Page Not Found. Here are some quick links to the top Mecum Auctions pages to get you back on track quickly.
      Mike - Assistant Editor, Turning Wheels
      Fort Worth, TX

Comment

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
        Mecum Info-net just lists 1 87 convertible and it was sold in Kissimmee FL in Jan 2012 for $15 K. Its quite possible the auction results have not been updated yet. Both the convertibles (87's I think),in the recent Oldham auction went under 10 K, one only having around 22,000 miles.
        Close, but not exactly true. The hammer/gavel prices were below 10K, but not the out the door price including buyer's premium and doc. fee. That made them $7120 (1987)and $10,035 (1988).
        Later, there would be sales tax, transportation, state inspection fee, title fee, registration fee, etc. plus tires and repair.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

1987 Avanti Convertible at Monteray was sold for $14.5K plus all of the add-ons, I am surprised that no one mentioned the Alan Young owned 63 R-1 GT Hawk. It sold ofr $33.0K plus all of the add-ons.
          sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
            1987 Avanti Convertible at Monteray was sold for $14.5K plus all of the add-ons, I am surprised that no one mentioned the Alan Young owned 63 R-1 GT Hawk. It sold ofr $33.0K plus all of the add-ons.
            It has been mentioned in another thread/topic. I remember that I was going to post the result and then noticed that someone else had already posted the $33K price.
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
            X