X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 62champ View Post
    Is 66981 a 2 door sedan or hardtop? Thanks
    I went though all the Registries in '60 Lark, Pages 7, 8 and 9 but never found a Serial Number 60S-66981 Pictured or listed.

No Picture or Data, it does not exist!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

• Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
      I went though all the Registries in '60 Lark, Pages 7, 8 and 9 but never found a Serial Number 60S-66981 Pictured or listed.

No Picture or Data, it does not exist!
      Never heard anything back so I did not want to post the VIN without the accurate information.

Comment

• 60V-26571 - information supplied from email (champs@zoho.com)

Owner states that it was finally finished early in August after being off the road since 1972. Car is located in Ogden, Utah.

Comment

• 60S-15530 - for sale on Hemmings, August 2019.

Info from ad: 1960 Studebaker Lark convertible, Garage kept, power convertible top in great shape, runs beautifully and in really good shape overall. Also had brand new sound system with optional additional speaker hook ups recently run. The engine is 1963, V-8, 259

There's no spare tire, there's an issue with the "linkage" on the steering column where it gets stuck sometimes, the fuel gauge doesn't work and the doors could be adjusted a bit but do close just fine. Just telling you everything I've learned that still needs to be done. Otherwise, car in good shape.

As for other details about the car, I won't be able to answer much but have loads of paperwork from the garage that did most of the work recently.

Price: $12,000 negotiable

Comment

• 60S-15711 - for sale on Craigslist, September 2019

Information from ad: !960 Studebaker Lark VI Station Wagon, 10567 miles as of 9/11/19
            All documents to verify mileage and history of car. 1960 title, window sticker, sales and shipping paper work, etc.
            No body or frame rust , South Western Kansas garage find, sat for 55 years in seal garage.
            Some small rock chips on rockers and one on front. All original glass, paint, headliner and interior.
            A rare example of a Studebaker Station Wagon.

Despite the claim otherwise, there is visual evidence the car was repainted at some point. From the interior, looks like the mileage could be correct.

Comment

• 60V-14562 - for sale on Ebay, September 2019.

Automatic, climitizer, radio, twin traction, bumper guards.

Info from ad: 1960 Studebaker Lark Regal VIII Convertible. V-8 2 barrel automatic transmission with Twin Traction. Motor turns over I've never tried to start it. This is an Ohio car that has had bodywork done to it before. The back corners of the trunk pan are rusted through and so are at least two spots in the front floor pan. It has some kind of covers over the rocker panels apparently from previous body work and the passenger side front floor pan has a funky patch done to it. Front fender lowers need replaced. Project Car. The frame is solid.

Comment

• 60S-28727 - for sale on Ebay, September 2019.

Climitizer, bumper guards, outside mirrors

Info from ad: Up for sale is my father's 1960 Studebaker Lark VI 4dr. 3spd Manual Trans. Odometer read 20,856. It doesnt look like it has rolled over 100,000 miles. He purchased the car about 15 years ago for restoration, but due to health issues with my mom and then him, he couldnt do what he wanted to it. It's having issues shifting, but the motor runs. The brakes need hydraulic work. I believe that he has some brake parts,if i locate will be included. The water pump has been replaced as well as the upper and lower hoses. The rocker panels are rusting and so is the trunk floor and front driver and passenger floor. The rear passenger tail light is broken and the wheels and tires are in good condition. Please view pictures many good parts on this car, as Studebaker fans know, are very hard to find. The car is presently located in Burnham, IL.

Comment

• So it looks like, with the changes in the forum, we are going to end adding information to this thread and move over to the first "Group". The Registry will be the first thread, but the group will also include anything and everything people want to talk about concerning 1960 Lark types... See you there.

Comment

• Thanks for all the hard work you did migrating information, Patrick!

Everyone: you can find the new 1960 Lark Forum Registry Group by clicking here.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X