Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone up for answering another rookie question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by hank63

If you plan to drive a bit, I'd recommend radial tyres, nevermind lack of originality. They make for a comfortable and easy driving car.
    What Hank said. And if you do mount radials, please seriously consider getting new wheels. There's been a lot of discussion here and in TW about what happens to 50-year-old factory wheels when radials are mounted on them; even if you don't go with radials, look into new wheels - it's a serious safety issue.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
    '63 F2/Lark Standard

The Official Website of the San Diego Chapter of the Studebaker Drivers Club. Serving San Diego County

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Contact Autocraft Mfg in Springfield, Mass........ask for Jerry. This place manufactures interiors for many companies...

quote:Originally posted by shugnshay

Thanks for all the help, guys. I've been drafted for finding what we need for this car, and just recently, my dad assigned me the task of handling the interior. From what I've gathered at one site (the bullet nose years), I think we've got a Regal Deluxe. I've gotta order that thing from the museum about what originally came on the car. My dad has left it up to me to decide whether or not to go as original as possible. I've read elsewhere that changing stuff (radio, colors, etc.) tends to earn less "points" at car shows. Is this true?

The only thing on this car that isn't original (so we've been told) is two holes cut into the rear for brake lights when the original ones quit working. My dad says going original all the way is way more expensive, but he'll pay for whatever I decide. (I know, lucky girl!) I'm afraid that we'll be forced to change things if I can't find genuine articles, and I'd hate to have paid extra for original stuff, only to have hard to find items things replaced with something different... If given the opportunity, what would you guys choose?

I just want to make her shine, but I'd like for my dad to gain whatever possible for this car, even if it's just a little respect. I'd hate to be "snubbed" for being less than good enough. By the way, I think we'll call her Matilda!

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
      Louisiana
      1950 Commander

Comment

Contact Autocraft Mfg in Springfield, Mass........ask for Jerry. This place manufactures interiors for many companies...

quote:Originally posted by shugnshay

Thanks for all the help, guys. I've been drafted for finding what we need for this car, and just recently, my dad assigned me the task of handling the interior. From what I've gathered at one site (the bullet nose years), I think we've got a Regal Deluxe. I've gotta order that thing from the museum about what originally came on the car. My dad has left it up to me to decide whether or not to go as original as possible. I've read elsewhere that changing stuff (radio, colors, etc.) tends to earn less "points" at car shows. Is this true?

The only thing on this car that isn't original (so we've been told) is two holes cut into the rear for brake lights when the original ones quit working. My dad says going original all the way is way more expensive, but he'll pay for whatever I decide. (I know, lucky girl!) I'm afraid that we'll be forced to change things if I can't find genuine articles, and I'd hate to have paid extra for original stuff, only to have hard to find items things replaced with something different... If given the opportunity, what would you guys choose?

I just want to make her shine, but I'd like for my dad to gain whatever possible for this car, even if it's just a little respect. I'd hate to be "snubbed" for being less than good enough. By the way, I think we'll call her Matilda!

Shay

Expert Daddy's Girl
        Louisiana
        1950 Commander

Comment

Depending on the exact location of those holes in the rear, you may be able to use them to install optional back-up lights.

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Depending on the exact location of those holes in the rear, you may be able to use them to install optional back-up lights.

Dwain G.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Working...
            X