56 Tangerine???? Peach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:Originally posted by KGlowacky

IT WILL BE TANGERINE AND SNOW CAP WHITE. The decision has been made. Let the chips fall where they may. It if is to overwhelming I may paint the fins White instead of Tangerine just like the Hawk. But it will go original in the first pass.
    A good decision [8D]

As you may have also noticed the pics. of the '56 Golden Hawk and the '56 President posted on this topic appear to have been taken under a bright, noon-time sun condition ...at least they appear that way on my monitor! Three hours later ...or earlier ...or on an overcast day, the "Tangerine" in those picture would have taken on a whole different appearance.

<h4>Last Man Standing in Studebaker Indiana</h4>

Comment

Was that some Automotive design school student's "project" or something Craig?

Now THAT is cool, a '58 Packard Hawk with a '64 Daytona windshield and Oldsmobile rear with Dodge Lancer taillights! I like it!![^]

Now, IF a '56 Wagon liked like THAT, it would be Sporty, not utilitarian looking like it IS!

That reminds me of the Corvette wagon prototypes.

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Now THAT is cool, a '58 Packard Hawk with a '64 Daytona windshield and Oldsmobile rear with Dodge Lancer taillights! I like it!![^]

Now, IF a '56 Wagon liked like THAT, it would be Sporty, not utilitarian looking like it IS!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner
        SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          Indeed, it was one of those 'styling studies' at the time. Never really considered for production, but some of the design elements would have been, such as that Packard Hawk like front end.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            Indeed, it was one of those 'styling studies' at the time. Never really considered for production, but some of the design elements would have been, such as that Packard Hawk like front end.

Craig

Comment

They started painting my wagon today(finally). The one stage PPG that I had a formula for is on the botton and interfenders. It matches the paint chip real good. But it looks a lot oranger than the pictures above(the real cars). The 2 stage paint will be put on next week. Also the reason I went with one stage on the bottom was with replacing the floor I had to do some body work and so I mix a gal of color matching undercoating with this paint and boy does it look good (went on real thin). I will try to get some pic's tomorrow to share with everyone. I guess what I am saying is the paint chip, formula and my old paint look like a match of Tangerine) but the pictures above look more pink , could the pictures above be the Coraltone??

1956 Studebaker Pelham Wagon Houston, Texas
              Remember, \"When all is said and done. More is always said then ever done.\"

Comment

They started painting my wagon today(finally). The one stage PPG that I had a formula for is on the botton and interfenders. It matches the paint chip real good. But it looks a lot oranger than the pictures above(the real cars). The 2 stage paint will be put on next week. Also the reason I went with one stage on the bottom was with replacing the floor I had to do some body work and so I mix a gal of color matching undercoating with this paint and boy does it look good (went on real thin). I will try to get some pic's tomorrow to share with everyone. I guess what I am saying is the paint chip, formula and my old paint look like a match of Tangerine) but the pictures above look more pink , could the pictures above be the Coraltone??

Comment

I think the author of this thread is misinformed. Rust(ferrous oxide) is a Studebaker recognized color. Unfortunately, in my case, so is concrete.[^]

Comment

I think the author of this thread is misinformed. Rust(ferrous oxide) is a Studebaker recognized color. Unfortunately, in my case, so is concrete.[^]

Comment

In that case I am in the process of changing colors. Mine was Rust(ferrous oxide) when purchased. Did not realize it was factory. Thanks for the info.

Comment

In that case I am in the process of changing colors. Mine was Rust(ferrous oxide) when purchased. Did not realize it was factory. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Ken,

Do you have a significant other of any degree? If not, be ready to when you start cruising in that sharp wagon![:X]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Ken,

Do you have a significant other of any degree? If not, be ready to when you start cruising in that sharp wagon![:X]

Miscreant adrift in
                            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                            1960 Larkvertible V8
                            1958 Provincial wagon
                            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

This looks pretty close to the new paint on Arkie's '59 C-cab.

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                              [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                              [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

This looks pretty close to the new paint on Arkie's '59 C-cab.

<div align="left">1960 Lark VI</div id="left"> <div align="right">1962 7E7-122</div id="right">
                                [img=left]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/8b0ac4c6.jpg[/img=left]
                                [img=right]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l163/62champ/car/DSC02237.jpg[/img=right]

Comment

Working...
                                X